Availability All Editions
This article gives an overview of the navigation, menus and views in Meisterplan.
The following items are always visible in Meisterplan.
- Header: here you select which data to use, edit your profile or logout. For details about the individual menus, see the Items in the Header section below.
- Sidebar: here you select the current view. The available views are listed in the Views in the Sidebar section below.
- Selected View: the main area of the screen displays the view selected in the sidebar.
- Toolbar: most views offer a toolbar with actions specific to that view. Toolbar features are described in the articles regarding individual views linked below.
- Information Panel: this is where you can find further details on the selected project or program. Find details and links to articles in the Content of the Information Panel section below.
Items in the Header
The settings in the black header bar are always user-specific. The following items are available in the header.
- Date Range: the date range allows you to select the time frame you want to see on a monthly basis. The date range you select will then be used in all views (for example, Portfolio Designer, Resource Pool, Project List, Reports). Select Monthly Rolling Period to set the number of months before and after the current date. Select Fixed Date Range to specify a time frame regardless of the current date. Please note that only projects that are in your selected date range or have a financial event in the time frame will be displayed.
- Portfolio Menu: the portfolio menu displays the current portfolio and lets you select other portfolios for which you have access rights via View All Portfolios. Users with sufficient rights may define portfolios via Manage Portfolios. Portfolios are based on project properties (e.g., projects with status "Approved") and may have budget and target benefit schedules. Portfolios may overlap, i.e., the same project may be part of multiple portfolios. For details about using portfolios, see the Portfolios in Meisterplan - Overview article.
- Scenario MenuPro Premium: the scenario menu shows whether you are using the obligatory Plan of Record data or whether you are simulating an alternative strategy with a Scenario. All users may view any scenario and create their own scenarios via Manage Scenarios. Editing plan of record or scenario data may be restricted via access rights. If you are not allowed to edit the currently selected data (plan of record or scenario), the scenario menu will display a padlock icon. For details about using scenarios, see the Scenario Basics article.
- Scenario Comparison MenuPro Premium: the scenario comparison menu is only displayed after activating the scenario comparison in the scenario manager. Here you may select other scenarios or the plan of record to compare to, open the scenario manager or end the comparison. For details about the scenario comparison, see the Scenario Comparison article.
- User Menu: The user menu contains the following entries:
- My Profile: manage App access and edit personal settings such as your profile picture or language. For details, see the My Profile and Preferences article.
- Preferences: edit personal settings for displaying the Portfolio Designer
Views in the Sidebar
The following views are available in the left navigation sidebar. Find more details in the Manage User Groups article.
- Portfolio Designer: this is where you edit your portfolio (projects, resources and financials). For an overview, see the Portfolio Designer View Overview article. Details about working with the individual sections of the view can be found in the articles and sections linked there.
- Team Planner: this is the view resource managers use to see who is working on which projects and to quickly identify capacity constraints. For more details, see the Team Planner article.
- Resource Pool: this is where users with the Edit Resource Pool and Absences right can manage resources and roles. For details on resources, see the Resource Pool: Resources article, and for details on roles, see the Resource Pool: Roles article.
- Project List: this is where you sort your projects in a clear grid view and quickly compare project information. For more details, see the Project List article.
- BoardPro Premium: Easily collect new initiatives and get clear insight into the current stage of all work, so you can purely focus on what work should be implemented and how to prioritize projects. Make the best decisions to ensure only the highest priorities with the most impact are delivered. For more details, see the Board (View) article.
- GoalsPro Premium: this is where you may define strategic business goals such as "Run the Business" and "Grow the Business", assign them to projects and view statistics for them. You don't have to switch to this view to assign a goal to a project, which is also possible when editing projects in the Portfolio Designer view. For an overview of the Goals view, see the Goals (View) article.
- RoadmapPro Premium: this is where you group your projects by a field such as Business Goal and display it in a timeline. Communicate your plan with the organization, either in Meisterplan or export an image file. For an overview of the Roadmap, see the Roadmap (View) article.
- Reports: this is where you report on the data in the selected portfolio. If a scenario is selected, the reports will apply to the data of that scenario. Otherwise, the plan of record data will be used. For an overview of the Reports view, available reports and templates, see the Reports View and Integrated Reports article. For details about the individual reports, see the other sections in the Integrated Reporting section.
- Import & Export: here you can quickly and easily import and export Meisterplan data to add new data and update existing data. Find more details in the Export to Excel and the Quick Import articles.
- Manage: this is where you can find an overview of all the options for managing your Meisterplan system, such as Project Fields, OBS, User Groups or Project Settings. See the System Administration section for more details.
- Help: here you can find links to our Help Center where you can access information on many topics. Whether you need support with scenario managements, would like to learn more about importing options or are interested in seeing what we are currently working on, this is a good place to start. From here, you can also contact our experts or start a quick tour of the Portfolio Designer.
- Get Started: here you can get guidance on your first steps with Meisterplan.
Content in the Information Panel
You can find the Information Panel in the Portfolio Designer, the Team Planner, the Project List, the Board View, the Roadmap and the Project Details. The following content is available in the Information Panel.
- Overview: here you can find important information on the project or program you have selected in the view. The Program Overview is only available in the Portfolio Designer. See the Project Overview & Program Overview article for more details.
- Comments: here you can add comments on a project to exchange information with other colleagues, answer project questions and keep up to date on all project information. See the Projects Comments article for more details.
- Change Log: here you can track the changes made to the selected project or program.
The Change Log for programs is only available in the Portfolio Designer. See the The Change Log for Projects and the Working with Programs articles for more details.
- Jira DetailsPro Premium: here you can see the Jira Details if the selected project is linked to Jira. See the View Project Details from Jira article for details.