This article gives an overview of the navigation, menus and views in Meisterplan.
The following items are always visible in Meisterplan.
- Header: here you select which data to use, get help, edit personal settings or logout. Administrators and Data Managers may also use the header to access the resource pool. For details about the individual menus and the resource pool, see the Items in the Header section below.
- Sidebar: here you select the current view. The available views are listed in the Views in the Sidebar section below.
- Selected View: the main area of the screen displays the view selected in the sidebar.
- Toolbar: some views offer a toolbar with actions specific to that view. Toolbar features are described in the articles regarding individual views linked below.
Items in the Header
The following items are available in the header.
- Date range: the date range allows you to select the time frame you want to see on a monthly basis. The date range you select will then be used in the Portfolio Designer, Reports and Goals view. Select Monthly Rolling Period to set the number of months before and after the current date. Select Fixed Date Range to specify a time frame regardless of the current date. Please note that only projects that are in your selected date range or have a financial event in the time frame will be displayed.
- Portfolio Menu: the portfolio menu displays the current portfolio and lets you select other portfolios for which you have access rights via Manage Portfolios. This is also where users with sufficient rights may define portfolios. Portfolios are based on project properties (e.g., projects with status "Approved") and may have budget and target benefit schedules. Portfolios may overlap, i.e., the same project may be part of multiple portfolios. For details about using portfolios, see the Portfolio Basics article.
- Scenario Menu: the scenario menu shows whether you are using the obligatory Plan of Record data or whether you are simulating an alternative strategy with a Scenario. All users may view any scenario and create their own scenarios via Manage Scenarios. Editing plan of record or scenario data may be restricted via access rights. If you are not allowed to edit the currently selected data (plan of record or scenario), the scenario menu will display a padlock icon. For details about using scenarios, see the Scenario Basics article.
- Scenario Comparison Menu: the scenario comparison menu is only displayed after activating the scenario comparison in the scenario manager. Here you may select other scenarios or the plan of record to compare to, open the scenario manager or end the comparison. For details about the scenario comparison, see the Scenario Comparison article.
- Resource Pool: the Resource Pool is where Administrators and Data Managers may enter resource and OBS data. It is not visible for other users. It will also not be available when any of the Administrator views under Manage are active. For details about the resource pool, see the Resource Pool Basics article.
- Help Menu: the help menu provides information about What's New in Meisterplan (Release Notes section of this Help Center), a link to this Help Center, access to a short Tour explaining the Portfolio Designer, and some information About Meisterplan.
- User Menu: the user menu lets you edit your Profile or Logout. For details about profile settings, see the Profile article.
Views in the Sidebar
The following views are available in the navigation sidebar. The administration views under Manage require the Administrator or Data Manager access level. Their list items below are labelled accordingly.
- Portfolio Designer: this is where you edit your portfolio (projects, resources and financials). For an overview, see the Portfolio Designer View Overview article. Details about working with the individual sections of the view can be found in the articles and sections linked there.
- Goals: this is where you may define strategic business goals such as "Run the Business" and "Grow the Business", assign them to projects and view statistics for them. You don't have to switch to this view to assign a goal to a project, which is also possible when editing projects in the Portfolio Designer view. For an overview of the Goals view, see the Goals View article.
- Reports: this is where you report on the data in the selected portfolio. If a scenario is selected, the reports will apply to the data of that scenario. Otherwise, the plan of record data will be used. For an overview of the Reports view, available reports and templates, see the Reports View, Standard Reports and Templates article. For details about the individual reports, see the other sections in the Reporting section.
- Manage > Users (Administrators only): here you create and manage user accounts, activate SSO via SAML 2.0 and enter password requirements. See the Manage Users article for details.
- Manage > Jira Links (Administrators and Data Managers): here you create and manage connected Jira instances ("Jira Links"). See the Manage Jira Links article for details.
- Manage > Data Sources (Administrators and Data Managers): here you import data from external sources. See the Manage Data Sources article for details.
- Manage > Fields (Administrators only): here you add and edit custom project fields. See the Manage Fields article for details.
- Manage > General Settings (Administrators and Data Managers): here you edit global settings (currency symbol, workday duration), project phases and finance categories. See the Manage General Settings article for details.
- Manage > Subscription (Administrators only): here you can view subscription details and change your subscription. See the Manage Subscription article for details.