In the new Excel Export, you can clearly define just the data you want to export.Use the data for reporting, share it with colleagues for quality checks, or easily edit and reimport it using our Quick Import.
- How the New Excel Export Can Help You
- Future Development of the New Excel Export
- How the New Excel Export Works
- Meisterplan Terms of Service Conditions for Beta Features
How the New Excel Export Can Help You
The new Excel Export is available in all Meisterplan systems as a beta version. This section details how all the new features and options in the beta can benefit you.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Control what data you want to export by first setting the date range, portfolio and scenario and then selecting the data you need. You can choose from the following data types:
- Projects with project details
- Resources with resource details
- Roles with role details
- Financial events
- Resource absences
- Role capacities
- Milestone dependencies
- This export is designed to support our Quick Imports. Easily export your Meisterplan data with the new Excel Export, and then edit the Excel file and easily import the data using the Quick Import without any need for reformatting. The following exceptions apply:
- There is no Quick Import for milestone dependencies.
- In the Quick Import for Projects, you cannot import the rank.
- In the Quick Import for Resources, you cannot import the calendar.
- In the Quick Import for Allocations, you cannot import the project role.
- With the new Excel Export and corresponding Quick Import, the following features are now possible:
- Update any scenario you have the right to edit.
- Track all changes post-export in the change log.
- Allow more colleagues to maintain and export their own data in Meisterplan based on their current user rights.
- Share the data with colleagues in a format that is easy to read and process for quality checks prior to exporting.
- Exported ata file is easier to understand and work with because it does not contain technical IDs or macros.
Future Development of the New Excel Export
The following extension will be added to the Excel Export:
- Project and resource keys for external IDs
While this new Excel Export is an open beta version, it will be available alongside the current Export to Excel. As it is further developed, the new Excel Export along with the Quick Import will eventually replace the current more complicated Import and Export to Excel. For further information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the New Excel Export Works
In the Integration Rights section of your user group, you need to have the Import and Export Data right.
To only export the data you really need, select first the date range, scenario and portfolio in the header. In the Portfolio Designer's toolbar, click Import and Export and select New Excel Export (Beta) from the dropdown:
Next, select the data you need:
Use the exported Excel to import data into another tool. Or update the data in the Excel file and import it into Meisterplan using copy and paste through the Quick Import.
Meisterplan Terms of Service Conditions for Beta Features
The use of Beta Features is subject to the Meisterplan Software as a Service Terms and Conditions of the itdesign GmbH, Friedrichstr. 12, DE-72072 Tuebingen, Germany (hereinafter referred to as “Provider”) and the following different terms, which take priority. By using the beta features, you agree to the Meisterplan Beta Conditions on behalf of the company for which you work.
- You understand that beta features within the generally available Meisterplan cloud application are still under development, may not be functional or may be incomplete, and are more likely to contain bugs than the generally available Meisterplan cloud application. Please note that the use of beta features may have an impact on performance when using the Meisterplan cloud application.
- The provider does not guarantee that beta features will ever be made generally available.
- The provider does not assume any obligations or liabilities with respect to the beta features, including any warranty and compensation obligations to the extent permitted by applicable law.