This article describes working with programs in Meisterplan.
- Visualization of Programs
- Program Hints
- Adding a Program
- Adding, Reprioritizing and Removing Projects
- Selecting a Program and Associated Projects
- Reprioritizing or Moving a Program
- Renaming a Program
- Program Context Menu
- Programs and Portfolios
- Create programs to group projects.
- Add, reprioritize or remove projects via drag and drop.
- Reprioritize or move projects in a program individually or together.
Visualization of Programs
In the list, programs have a distinct double arrow icon. Click the double arrow icon before the program's name to expand or reduce the program, displaying or hiding the associated projects. When the program is expanded, these projects will be displayed indented below it:
In the interactive Gantt chart, a program is displayed as a continuous bar running over the total duration of all projects it contains. When a program is expanded, the associated projects will be displayed below the program bar in a box. Please note that only the associated projects in the selected Date Range are displayed.
Hover over a program's name to display associated information:
See the Project and Program Hints article for details.
Adding a Program
Add a program as follows:
- Select the project or program after which the new program should be inserted. If you don't select a project or program, the new program will be inserted directly above the cut-off line.
- Click the add button in the toolbar and select Program.
- Enter a Name and click Add:
Adding, Reprioritizing and Removing Projects
To add a project to a program, click the project's name, hold the mouse button and drag the project over the program in the project list.
When the arrow icon in the project header indents to the right, release the mouse button.
Reprioritize projects in the program by changing their order in the list via drag and drop.
To remove a project from a program, simply drag it out of the program in the list.
Selecting a Program and Associated Projects
Selecting a program will also select all associated projects.
Select a single project in a program to move it independently from the other associated projects.
Reprioritizing or Moving a Program
When you reprioritize a program by dragging and dropping the associated row header in the list, all associated projects will be reprioritized accordingly.
When you move a program by dragging and dropping the associated program bar in the interactive Gantt chart, all associated projects will be moved accordingly.
Renaming a Program
Rename a program as follows:
- Click the pencil icon in the row header of a program to rename it.
- Rename the program. Click the X or click outside the Edit Program window to close it.
Program Context Menu
Right-click a program in the list or Gantt chart to open a context menu offering the following options:
- Move Above Must-Have Line and Move Below Cut-Off Line reprioritize the program and all projects associated with it.
- Sort by Project Score will assign the program its rank according to its project score displayed in the program's hint. This is the highest project score among the projects it contains. See the Rank and Project Score article for details. This option is only available in the list.
- Delete Program... will delete the program but not the associated projects. When the program is deleted, it will be replaced by the projects it contained.
- Duplicate will duplicate the program including all associated projects, their allocations, milestones, dependencies, financials and other data. The new program created will initially adopt the name of the original program, followed by "(duplicated)". You will be prompted to rename the new program. The duplicated projects in the new program won't be renamed automatically.
Programs and Portfolios
Programs are always displayed in the active portfolio if at least one of the projects contained in the program matches the project filter of the portfolio. You can learn more about the project filter in the Edit Portfolio article.