Availability All Editions
Learn how to gain additional insights about your projects quickly and without leaving your current view. For example, you can review a project’s financial data or status right next to the Portfolio Designer Gantt chart.
- Where to Find
- How to Configure the Project Overview
- How to Control Which User Sees What
Where to Find
You can find the Project Overview in the following views:
The Program Overview can only be displayed in the Portfolio Designer.
In the Portfolio Designer’s top right corner, click the information icon in the right sidebar to open the Information Panel that contains the Project and Program Overview:
The Overview displays additional information for the project or program you have selected in your current view.
To ensure you’re not missing crucial information, the Project and Program Overview always displays the data of the entire project for figures such as Planned Allocation Total. The Portfolio and Date Range you select in the top left of your screen do not affect these figures.
How to Configure the Project Overview
In the Administrative Rights section of your user group, you need to have the Manage Project Fields, Project Settings, Project Overview and Advanced right.
You can configure the Project Overview, but not the Program Overview.
To configure what information is displayed in the Project Overview for all users in your Meisterplan system, open the Information Panel, select Overview and click Configure Overview:
Alternatively, open the left sidebar, click Manage and select Project Overview:
The following fields are available:
- All project fields (system fields and custom fields) for which you have at least read-only rights
- Financial Key Indicators (e.g., Planned Benefit, Total Planned Costs), displayed in the currency set in the left Sidebar under General SettingsPro Premium
- All Actuals key figures from this listPro Premium
- Financial key figures from this list
- Top level OBS units
- The program name
- Last Changed
You need to add at least one field to the configuration to be able to save it.
- Start: The earliest start date of any project included in this program
- Finish: The latest finish date of any project included in this program
- Project ScorePro Premium: The highest project score of any project included in this program.
- Financial Key Indicators (e.g., Planned Benefit, Total Planned Costs), in the currency set in the left Sidebar under General Settings and each added up for the complete programPro Premium
- All Actuals key figures from this list, each added up for the complete
How to Control Which User Sees What
Each user only sees those project fields that they have access to through the Project Field Rights of their user group(s). Find more details in the Manage User Groups article.