This article gives a general overview about the Portfolio Designer view in Meisterplan.
For details about the individual sections of the view (projects, resources and financials), see the respective sections of this online help linked below.
The Portfolio Designer view is divided into three sections displaying projects, resources and roles as well as financials:
The resource and financial sections may be collapsed or expanded by by clicking the arrow icons.
This is where you create, edit, prioritize, schedule and staff projects.
This is where the utilization and availability of resources and roles are displayed. You can group resources by role or OBS in this view and analyze the utilization stack to see where the workload occurs.
The financial section will only be displayed when working with financials, i.e., when one of the following applies:
- Cost per Hour entered for any role or resource in the resource pool
- Financial Event entered for any project
- Portfolio Budget or Target Benefit defined
This is where project costs and benefits are displayed and compared to the portfolio's budget and target benefit, if these have been entered for the current portfolio.
Please note that, if your fiscal year doesn't match the calendar year, the timescale of the financial view will not match the timescale of the Gantt chart in the project section.
The toolbar for the Portfolio Designer view offers the following actions:
- Add a Project or a Program - see the Adding, Editing or Viewing a Project and Working with Programs articles for details.
- Search Project - the project list will be filtered to display only projects and programs matching your search term.
- Settings - see the Portfolio Designer Settings article for details.
- More Actions
- Import from Jira - see the Importing Jira Data as Meisterplan Projects article for details.
- Import from Excel - see the Excel Import and Export article for details.
- Export to Excel - A prompt will require selection of the plan of record or a scenario. See the Excel Import and Export article for details.
- Auto-Schedule - see the Auto-Schedule article for details. You must have the right to Auto Schedule Projects as described in the User Management article.
- Sort by Project Score - sorts the project list by project score. If one or more projects are selected, you may also choose to sort only the lower part of the list starting with the first selected project. Please note that this operation cannot be automatically undone. This feature must be activated per user by selecting the Change Project Rank and Sort Project List by Project Score option in the Rights tab of the user account properties, which may be accessed Administrators via Manage > Users. See the Rank and Project Score article for details about the project score feature.
- Select a Zoom Level via the Year, Quarter, Month and Week buttons at the top right.
- The selected zoom level affects the precision of moving, extending and shortening projects in the Gantt chart as well as for the Auto-Schedule feature (see the Moving a Project or a Program, Extending, Shortening, Splitting or Stopping a Project and Auto-Schedule articles).
- The selected zoom level affects the precision of displaying allocations and over-allocation in the allocation histograms (see the Resource Section Basics article).
- The selected zoom level affects the precision of displaying financial figures, cost budgets and benefit targets in the financial section (see the Financial Section Basics article).