Availability All Editions
Which settings determine which user can access which portfolio? Find the answer in the article below.
- Portfolio Access Rights: Who Has the Right to View Which Portfolio?
- User Rights: Who Has the Right to Add and Configure Portfolios?
- User Rights: Who Has the Right to Edit Which Projects?
If you are just getting started with Meisterplan, you will find all you need in the Portfolios in Meisterplan - Overview article.
Portfolio Access Rights: Who Has the Right to View Which Portfolio?
For each portfolio, access rights can be configured via user groups and/or single users:
Users with access rights to a portfolio can select and view its projects.
User Rights: Who Has the Right to Add and Configure Portfolios?
Under Manage > User Groups, you can define which users have the right to add new portfolios and configure or delete existing ones:
You can select three options under the Manage Portfolios right:
- No Portfolios: Users in this group cannot add new portfolios or configure or delete existing ones.
- According to Configured Portfolio Rights: Users in this group can add portfolios and configure or delete those for which they have access rights.
- All Portfolios: Users in this group can add portfolios and configure or delete all portfolios.
Learn more in the Manage User Groups article.
User Rights: Who Has the Right to Edit Which Projects?
Access rights to a portfolio and the Manage Portfolios right are not sufficient for a user to be able to edit the projects in a portfolio. Instead, the following requirements must be met:
- The user needs to have access rights to the portfolio.
- The user needs to be in a user group where the Edit Projects and Program right is set to at least Projects with Logged-In User as Project Manager.
- To edit projects in the Plan of Record, the user needs to be in a user group with the Edit Plan of Record right. To edit projects in a scenario, the user needs to have Edit Rights for the scenario.
The Change Log allows you to track which user made what changes when to the projects and programs within the portfolio. Click the Change Log icon in the right sidebar to open the Change Log. Learn more in the article, The Change Log.