Open a project's details to find and edit all information on a project, for example its status, business goal or milestones. An overview of all options for adding, editing and viewing a project can be found here.
You can switch to the project details by clicking the pencil icon next to a project in the Portfolio Designer:
There are seven pre-configured sections in Meisterplan: Overview, Status, Details, Milestones, Project Team, Financials and Project Score. Users need to have the Manage Project Fields, General Settings and Project Settings right to change project settings according to your preferences, and add, rename, move or delete sections. The configuration is a global setting.
Click the round blue button in the top right to show or hide the Change Log for projects. This will display changes made to the selected project.
The three pre-configured sections Overview, Status and Details contain project fields with general information on the project. Simply click a field to edit it.
The grouping of the fields is also part of the Meisterplan pre-configuration and may be changed with the Manage Project Fields, General Settings and Project Settings right for all users. For details on the fields themselves and how to add, rename or delete them, see the Manage Project Fields article.
In this section, you can see the milestones of your project and edit them:
The following information is available for each milestone:
- Project Phase: Project phases are managed under Manage > General Settings.
- Date: The milestone date must be within the project phase, and for segmented projects the date must be within a project segment.
To add a new milestone, click Add Milestone. To change or delete a milestone, use the appropriate icon on the far right.
Additionally, you can edit milestones in the Gantt chart. See the Milestones, Project Phases and Dependencies article for more details,
This section lists all resources and roles that have been assigned to the project:
See the Adding and Editing Allocations article for more details.
This section contains the following information on the project score:
- Current Rank: the project's actual rank in the Portfolio Designer
- Project Score: the project's actual score, composed of the values of fields relevant to the project score
- Rank by Project Score: the project's rank in relation to all other projects. This may, but doesn't have to be, the same as the project's actual rank.
- Move Project to Rank...: click this button to move the project to its rank based on its project score. If the project already has that rank, the button will be disabled.
See the Rank and Project Score article for more details.
In this section, you can see the financial events of your project and edit them:
The following information is available for each event:
- Type: OpEx (Operational Expenditure), CapEx (Capital Expenditure) or Benefit (default)
- Category: Finance categories are managed under Manage > General Settings.
- Timing: Define when the event occurs: at the Project Start, the Project Finish (default), any milestone or on a specific date.
- Due Date: You can enter a specific date if you have selected Custom Date under Timing. This date can also be set after a project's finish date. If you select a milestone or the project's start or finish date, the date of the selected timing is automatically entered.
To add a new financial event, click Add Financial Event. To change or delete an event, use the appropriate icon on the far right.
See the Extending, Shortening, Splitting or Stopping a Project article for more details.