Availability All Editions
Invite your team to Meisterplan and create user accounts for your colleagues.
- Invite Multiple Users
- Add Single User
- Linking Users with Resources
To access this view, your user account needs to have the Manage Users and User Groups right.
Open the user management in the left Sidebar by clicking Manage > Users.
The fastest way to add multiple users is via the Invite Users function, especially if you want to invite several users at once. If you would like more configuration options for users, add them by selecting Add Single User.
Invite Multiple Users
To invite new users to your Meisterplan system, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Click Invite Users in the toolbar:
This will open a new dialog:
Step 2: Enter the Email addresses of the individuals you would like to invite.
To separate multiple email addresses, use a comma, semicolon, space or start a new line.
Step 3: Select a User Group for the new users.
You can manage user group access rights and define who has access to which views in the left sidebar. It is best to configure user groups before adding users to Meisterplan. Users must be assigned to at least one use group.
Step 4: Click Invite Users.
The listed individuals will receive an invitation email including a link with which they can set their password. The link will become invalid as soon as a password is set.
Step 5 (optional): Link the new user with a resource in Meisterplan to help project managers work more efficiently. Learn how to set this up here.
Step 6 (optional): If you prefer to use the user's real name or a company short form as a username instead of the user's email address, change the username and inform the user immediately so their login does not fail. Users can set their own usernames only if they have the Manage Users and User Groups right.
Add Single User
Step 1: Click Add Single User in the toolbar:
This will open a new dialog:
Step 2: Enter the Username, Email address, First Name and Last Name of the new user. If the new user has already been added as a resource, enter their email address first and the remaining details will be filled in automatically.
Step 3: Under Linked Resource, select the respective resource. We recommend setting up project managers as resources and linking them with their user. Learn more here.
Step 4: Select a User Group for the new user.
You can learn more about user groups in the article Manage User Groups.
Step 5 (optional): You can also specify if the user's Password should never expire.
This will override the system-wide general settings for this user.
Step 6 (optional): You can uncheck Send invitation mail if you want to invite the user later via the Invite Again function (see below).
Linking Users with Resources
How This Helps you
Linking your users with their respective resources can make your and your colleagues' job a lot easier:
- Users can immediately see which projects they are allocated to in any time frame when they use the My Projects view. Learn more in the article My Projects (link).
- With one glance, see who the project manager of a project is by adding them to the project manager field.
- Sort, filter or analyze projects by project manager in multiple views (for example, the Project List or Roadmap).
- Sort, filter or analyze resources and roles by their resource manager (for example, in the Team Planner).
- Grant your project managers the rights to their own projects by creating a user group and under Project and Program Rights, selecting the Projects with Logged-In User as Project Manager option. This allows project managers to only edit those projects where they are set as project manager.
- All project managers can have a quick overview of their projects by adding an ad-hoc filter. In the toolbar, select Filter > Project Manager > Logged-In User.
- All project managers can receive weekly or daily emails summarizing changes made to projects where they are assigned as the project manager.
- All resource managers can have a quick overview of their resources and roles by adding an ad-hoc filter. In the toolbar of the Team Planner or the Resource Pool, select Filter > Resource Manager > Logged-In User.
- All resource managers can receive weekly or daily emails summarizing changes made to the allocations of roles or resources for which they are listed as the resource manager.
How This Works
To link a user to a resource, the person in question needs to be first added to Meisterplan both as a user and a resource. Learn how to add resources here.
Then, follow these steps:
- Open the respective user account under Manage > Users.
- Under Linked Resource, click the arrow and open the dropdown list.
- Select the corresponding resource, then save your changes.
The following tips can help you some common problems you may have when adding users:
- If the added person did not receive the email containing the link to set their password via the Invite Again function, or accidentally deleted it, they can use the Forgot your password? feature on the login page. To do this, provide the user with their username and the link to the login page:
- In most cases, if you or any of your users can't remember the full URL to your Meisterplan system, the URLs eu.meisterplan.com or us.meisterplan.com (depending on the hosting location) are sufficient.
- If the username exists in several systems, enter the installation name in the link (e.g. us.meisterplan.com/my-meisterplan-system).