Meisterplan is the leading cloud solution for Lean PPM and Resource Management. Read on to find out how our licensing model works.
Meisterplan is licensed based on the total number of resources you wish to plan with. A resource can be defined as a named person (Sally Smith, John Doe, etc.), a material resource or each additional role capacity equaling one FTE (full-time equivalent). When determining license count, you will want to consider the total combination of resources based on named people and resources based on additional role capacity you will need.
For example, in your portfolio you have 20 project employees with specific roles that are entered into Meisterplan. These 20 project employees count as 20 resources. Additionally, you have added capacity in the form of 20 full-time project manager and 20 full-time senior developer roles. These roles fulfill the need for extra capacity for future projects beyond the named employees already entered into Meisterplan. These 20 project manager roles and 20 full-time senior developer roles equaling 40 FTE also count as 40 resources. Therefore, the total number of resources (20 resources based on named employees + 40 resources based on additional role capacity) is 60 resources.
To calculate your total resource consumption to find out how many licensed resources you need, you simply add Active Individual Resources and Additional Role Capacity.
Types of Resources
- Active Individual Resources (Named Person): If you plan using individual resources, you will directly assign which person should work on which project. A resource could be one of your employees, but you can also plan for external sources or materials such as machines. Each active named person or each active material planned in Meisterplan counts as 1 individual resource.
Examples for individual resources: Sally Smith, John Doe
- Additional Role Capacity in FTE (Allocated Role/Category): Alternatively, you can plan capacity based on roles. Since you can assign multiple resources to each role, role-based capacity counts as 1 licensed resource per FTE for each role.
Examples for allocated resources: senior developer, project manager
How to calculate your number of resources
Whether you plan using individual resources or additional role capacity, you will need a resource package that covers at least the number of people you wish to plan with. Please note that if you want to plan using multiple scenarios, the additional role capacity will be based on the scenario with the highest resource consumption. Here are some examples:
- You have 29 employees, an external graphic designer, an external network specialist and an external translator. Your employees count as 29 resources, and the 3 external roles count as 3 resources, so in total you will need a package with 32 resources.
- You have 120 employees, but since you’re currently hiring, you decide to assign 10 FTE to a role which will be staffed in the future. The 120 employees count as 120 resources, and the 10 FTE count as 10 more resources, so you will need a package with 130 resources.
- You plan for 300 employees and up to 60 external sources, all on a role basis. Since you don’t assign resources on an individual level, you will need a package with 360 resources.
- You're using a scenario to plan your resources for a big order and another scenario to simulate what happens if you don’t get that order. You assign the following additional capacities:
Developer Project Manager Consultant Additional
Plan of Record 1 FTE 4 FTE 1 FTE 6 FTE Scenario 1 3 FTE 2 FTE 4 FTE 9 FTE Scenario 2 2 FTE 1 FTE 5 FTE 8 FTE
In summary, to calculate Resource Consumption, add:
- The total number of named people and
- The highest number of resources based on additional role capacity from any single scenario or plan of record
- The price is based on the number of resources as calculated above
- All packages include an unlimited number of portfolios, projects and users.
- The standard pricing is based on an annual subscription. A monthly subscription is also possible for a surcharge of 20%.
Visit our pricing page meisterplan.com/pricing to see all available packages.
Buy and Upgrade
To buy Meisterplan you need to
- Start a free trial
- Activate your trial
- Log in and click on the Buy Now button in the header
After purchasing Meisterplan, all data from the trial version will be retained and transferred to your paid account. If you want to order Meisterplan without the 30-day trial or if you need a custom quote, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can upgrade or change your license under Manage < Subscription. See our Manage Subscription page for more details.