This article describes creating and configuring custom project fields for Meisterplan .
- Required User Rights
- How to Find
- Adding Custom Project Fields
- Editing Custom Project Fields
- Deleting Custom Project Fields
- Custom Project Field Attributes
- Available Data Types and Limits
- Availability in Pivot Reports
- Additional Maximum Size Values
- System Fields
Required User Rights
- To define for each user group and for each project field which group has read only and which has edit rights, users need to have the Manage Users and User Groups right.
- To add, change or delete project fields, as well as change the project fields values, users need to have the Manage Project Fields, General Settings and Project Settings right. To display a project field in each view, users need to add it to the configuration of the respective view (e.g., Project List, Board).
- However, please note that users with either the Import and Export via the Excel Template or the Manage and Use Data Sources right can add new values for custom project fields of the Lookup type when importing data.
How to Find
In the left Sidebar, click Manage and select Project Fields:
The list displays all project fields in your Meisterplan system in alphabetical order. To display a project field in a view (e.g., Project List, Project Overview), add it to the configuration of the respective view.
Adding Custom Project Fields
You may add any number of custom project fields in Meisterplan. Add new custom project fields by using the Add Field menu:
New fields will be visible and editable to all user groups by default. Manage access under User Groups. To display this field in each view, add it to the configuration of the respective view (e.g. Project List).
Editing Custom Project Fields
Once created, you may open and modify a custom project field's attributes by double-clicking its list item or by clicking the pen icon at the right edge of that list item.
Deleting Custom Project Fields
You may delete any custom field. The Status system field cannot be deleted.
When a project field is deleted, any existing field values will be removed. The field will no longer be available for importing data.
Previously exported Excel files or downloaded Excel templates will no longer be importable unless the field is deleted from them as well.
To delete a custom project field, hover over its list item and click the garbage can icon.
Custom Project Field Attributes
- Column Name: the field name used when exporting data. This is automatically prefixed with “cust_” and can not be edited after adding a field.
- Nice Name: the field name displayed in the Meisterplan user interface.
- Description: internal description which is only displayed in the configuration and serves as a comment for other users with administrative privileges.
Available Data Types and Limits
Availability in Pivot Reports
Please note that project fields of the Text and URL types are not available in Integrated Pivot Reports.
Additional Maximum Size Values
|Custom Field Column Name||58 characters|
|Custom Field Nice Name||2,048 characters|
|Notes (e.g. project notes)||32,000 characters|
|Description (e.g. business goal)||32,000 characters|
Each project in Meisterplan contains the following system fields, which cannot be configured, deactivated, or deleted:
- Cost Type
- Business Goal
- Rank Category
- Project Score
- Project Manager
- Program Name
- Approved Total Effort
All users who have the required rights to edit a project (e.g., Add Projects and Programs and edit rights for the desired scenario or Edit Plan of Record) can also edit the system fields of this project.
* For the Status system field, values (such as "Critical") can be configured.
System fields are not visible under Manage > Project Fields, with the exception of the Status field.