This article describes how cost types are assigned to financial events and allocation costs in Meisterplan.
Financial Event Cost Type
- Directly assigned costs require a cost type. Choose OpEx or CapEx to define the cost type.
- Details about entering financial events for a project are given in the Financials section of the Viewing and Editing Projects article.
Allocation Cost Type
- Allocation costs of roles and resources are calculated via hourly rates and allocated hours (cost per hour * allocated hours in a project).
- Cost types are typically treated as OpEx. Only when the project cost type AND the project role type are both CapEx will the costs be treated as CapEx.
- You can enter and edit hourly rates for roles and resources as well as cost types for roles in the resource pool (see the Resource Pool section). Note that this requires the Edit Resource Pool and Absences right.
How to Select a Project's Cost Type
Open a project's details, find the Cost Type field and select between Capex and Opex:
You can't find this project field?
Users with the Manage Project Fields, General Settings and Project Settings right can configure the project settings to include the field. Learn more in the Configuring Project Settings article.