This article describes how cost types are assigned to financial events and allocation costs in Meisterplan.
- Required User Rights
- Financial Event Cost Type
- Allocation Cost Type
- How to Select a Project's Cost Type
Required User Rights
In the General section of your user group, you need to have the Access Financial Data right to access this function.
Financial Event Cost Type
- Directly assigned costs require a cost type. Choose OpEx or CapEx to define the cost type.
- Details about entering financial events for a project are given in the Financials section of the Viewing and Editing Projects article.
Allocation Cost Type
- Allocation costs of roles and resources are calculated via hourly rates and allocated hours (cost per hour * allocated hours in a project).
- Cost types are typically treated as OpEx. Only when the project cost type AND the project role type are both CapEx will the costs be treated as CapEx.
- You can enter and edit hourly rates for roles and resources as well as cost types for roles in the resource pool (see roles and resources). Note that this requires the Edit Resource Pool and Absences right.
How to Select a Project's Cost Type
Open a project's details, find the Cost Type field and select between Capex and Opex:
You can't find this project field?
Users with the Manage Project Fields, Project Settings, Project Overview and Advanced right can configure the project settings to include the field. Learn more in the Configuring Project Settings article.