Availability All Editions
This article provides instructions on how to add, edit and deactivate users. It also covers account settings and password settings.
Opening the Users View
To access this view, you need to have the Manage Users and User Groups right.
In the left Sidebar, click Manage and select Users:
The Users view displays all Meisterplan user accounts and lets you add, edit and deactivate user accounts and export the user account list into an Excel file.
The view also displays the Last Login Date for each user.
A user account cannot be deleted once it has been created. If you wish to block access for a user account, you have to deactivate it. In the toolbar, click Hide Deactivated Users to exclude them from your view.
Options in the toolbar:
- Invite Users (for a step-by-step-guide, see the Adding Users article)
- Add Single User (for a step-by-step-guide, see the Adding Users article)
- Change Password
- Show Deactivated Users: Define if you want to include deactivated users in your list.
- Export to Excel: Export a list of all users into an excel file.
- Password Settings: see the Edit Password Settings section below for details
- SAML: see the Single Sign-On (SSO) via SAML 2.0 article for details
- Login NoticePremium: will be displayed for each user of your Meisterplan system after each login
- Session Timeout: define the amount of time a logged-in user may be inactive before they will be automatically logged out
Configuring User Accounts
To configure an existing user, move the cursor over the user and click the pencil icon on the right.
The following settings are available:
Used for login into Meisterplan
Will be converted to lowercase when saving the user account. However, when logging in with this user account, it is not case sensitive.
Users can also log in with their Google or Azure email.
|Email for system notifications to this user|
|First Name||Used for documentation (e.g. in reports)|
|Last Name||Used for documentation (e.g. in reports)|
Link users with resources to specify edit rights for project managers using the Projects with Logged-In User as Project Manager right.
Users must also be linked to resources to allow your Project Managers and Resource Managers to use the Logged-In User filter option for their own Projects, Roles or Resources.
Additionally, linking your users with a resource allows them to see all of the projects they are allocated to in the My Projects view, which can be found in the left sidebar.
Used to flexibly manage user permissions and get a transparent overview of rights by organizing users into groups. Learn more in the Manage User Groups.
|Password||Select Password never expires to disable password expiration for this user account.
This setting is only required if password expiration is active (if expiration in days is greater than zero, see the Edit Password Settings section below).
Editing Password Settings
Click on Configure in the toolbar and select Edit Password Settings to view and edit password requirements:
- Minimum Number of Characters: six.
- Password Expiration (Days): users will be prompted to enter a new password when their password has expired. Enter 0 to turn off password expiration.
- Requires uppercase letters from A to Z: password must contain at least one uppercase character.
- Requires lowercase letters from a to z: password must contain at least one lowercase character.
- Requires digits of the base 10 (0 to 9): password must contain at least one digit.
- Requires special characters (e.g. !$#%): password must contain at least one special character.
A newly configured password policy becomes valid when a password expires or when changed by the user or someone with the Manage Users and User Groups right.