This article provides instructions on how to add, edit and deactivate users. It also covers account settings and password settings.
- Required Right
- Opening the Users View
- Manage Users
- User Account Settings - General
- Edit Password Settings
Users need to have the Manage Users and User Groups right.
Opening the Users View
The Users view is available under Manage in the sidebar.
The Users view displays all Meisterplan user accounts and lets you add, edit and deactivate user accounts and export the user account list into an Excel file.
The view also displays the Last Login Date for each user.
A user account cannot be deleted once it has been created. If you wish to block access for a user account, you have to deactivate it. To keep the number of deactivated users low, follow this workaround. You can also hide deactivated users from your view.
Options in the toolbar:
- Invite Users (for a step-by-step-guide, see the Adding Users article)
- Add Single User (for a step-by-step-guide, see the Adding Users article)
- Change Password
- Show Deactivated Users: Define if you want to include deactivated users in your list.
- Export to Excel: Export a list of all users into an excel file.
User Account Settings - General
To configure an existing user, move the cursor over user and click the pencil icon on the right.
The following settings are available:
Used for login into Meisterplan
Will be converted to lowercase when saving the user account. However, when logging in with this user account, it is not case sensitive.
Users can also log in with their Google or Azure email.
|Email for system notifications to this user|
|First Name||Used for documentation (e.g. in reports)|
|Last Name||Used for documentation (e.g. in reports)|
Link the user to a resource to enable logging in to the Meisterplan MyProjects Android or iOS app.
When the user logs in to one of the apps, current allocations of the linked resource will be displayed by project in a daily or weekly view, sorted by date. Users cannot edit any data in the apps.
Used to flexibly manage user permissions and get a transparent overview of rights by organizing users into groups. Users need to be assigned to at least one group – see the Manage User Groups article for details.
|Password||Select Password never expires to disable password expiration for this user account.
This setting is only required if password expiration is active (if expiration in days is greater than zero, see the Edit Password Settings section below).
Edit Password Settings
Click on Configure in the toolbar and select Edit Password Settings to view and edit password requirements:
- Minimum Number of Characters: six.
- Password Expiration (Days): users will be prompted to enter a new password when their password has expired. Enter 0 to turn off password expiration.
- Requires uppercase letters from A to Z: password must contain at least one uppercase character.
- Requires lowercase letters from a to z: password must contain at least one lowercase character.
- Requires digits of the base 10 (0 to 9): password must contain at least one digit.
- Requires special characters (e.g. !$#%): password must contain at least one special character.
A newly configured password policy becomes valid when a password expires or when changed by the user or someone with the Manage Users and User Groups right.