With the Quick Imports, you can add your data to Meisterplan using copy and paste. Learn below how to format date and number fields in your spreadsheet to ensure everything is imported correctly.
To correctly import dates into Meisterplan, your spreadsheet formatting must match your browser language or locale settings (e.g., English – United States). Your selected language in Meisterplan is not relevant in this case and may differ from the spreadsheet formatting and browser language.
To import dates successfully:
- Enter your dates in the YYYY-MM-DD format and the date format will be automatically updated to match your browser language settings.
- Or compare the language settings of your browser and your spreadsheet to ensure they are set to the same language. Some browsers distinguish between the language they use to display websites and the language for their own menus - the former is relevant when importing data.
To successfully import numbers with decimals (e.g., 2.5 FTE in English, 2,5 FTE in German), your spreadsheet and browser language also need to match (see above). If they don’t match, the number will not be imported, and you will get an error message.
To import numbers successfully:
- Do not use a thousands separator (e.g., $10,500). It will not be recognized and could be misinterpreted as decimals separators.
- Enter only positive numbers. Negative numbers (e.g., -5 hours) will cause an error message.
- Do not add units such as currency (e.g., $ or €). Your Meisterplan system will automatically use the currency selected in the left Sidebar under General Settings.