This article describes how to change the capacity of a role in the resource section of the Portfolio Designer view in Meisterplan.
- Edit Capacity
- Role Capacity Changes in Scenarios and the Plan of Record
- Reset Capacity Changes
You can change and reset the capacity of a role using the role's context menu.
When doing this, you're specifying by how much the capacity of this role differs from the standard capacity for that role. The standard capacity for that role is the sum capacity of all resources with this primary role.
- An example: You have three resources with the Developer role. Their combined capacity is 3 FTE. If you then specify a changed role capacity of +1 FTE, you get an overall capacity of 4 FTE for the Developer role.
- Click the more-icon in the row header of a role and select the Edit Capacity option from the context menu to start the Change Role Capacity mode.
- Set the start date for the capacity change by placing the segment divider (][) with a mouse click. Likewise, set an end date if required.
- Click on a value to change it, type in the desired value, and press the [RETURN] key.
- Confirm the change with the tick mark or revert with the arrow.
Role Capacity Changes in Scenarios and the Plan of Record
Capacity changes for roles are only valid for the scenario in which they have been entered. Capacity changes entered in the plan of record have no effect on any scenario.
Reset Capacity Changes
Select the Reset Capacity Changes option from the context menu for a role to undo all capacity changes made to it. It will be reset to the capacity originally specified for the role in your data source via the capacities of the resources having that role as their primary role.