Scenarios allow you to try out planning alternatives without impacting the current plan. Learn which data you can change without changing the Plan of Record or other scenarios, and which data will be changed everywhere.
- Global Data
- Scenario-Dependent Data
Global data remains the same throughout all scenarios and the Plan of Record. For example, if you change the global field Project Manager in one scenario, this change will be made in all scenarios and the Plan of Record.
Global Project Data
- Project Name
- Program Name
- Project Manager
- Business GoalPro Premium
- Cost TypePro Premium
- OBS: e.g., Department
- Milestones that were created in the Plan of Record: When a milestone was created in the Plan of Record, its name and project phase are global. Any changes to the name or project phase of the milestone will be applied to all other scenarios or the Plan of Record, provided the milestone exists there.
- Approved Total Effort
- Project Key
- Actual Time WorkedPro Premium: Actual Time Worked including the booking date is global and the same in the Plan of Record and all scenarios that contain the respective project. All key figures that consider Actual Time Worked and scenario-dependent data (e.g., Estimate at Completion) may vary between scenarios.
- All custom project fields
Global Resource Data
- All Role and Resource Information: except role capacities
Other Global Data
Scenario-dependent data can be changed in a scenario or the Plan of Record without any changes to other scenarios or the Plan of Record.
You can add or delete projects, milestones, dependencies, financial events and role and resource allocations in a scenario without impacting the Plan of Record or other scenarios.
Scenario-Dependent Project Data
- Start / Finish: this also applies to all actions that change the start or finish date (e.g., extending, splitting, shortening and stopping)
- Financial eventsProPremium
- Milestones that were created in the Plan of Record: When a milestone was created in the Plan of Record, its date is scenario dependent.
- Milestones that were created in a scenario: Name, project phase and date
- Milestone Dependencies
- Allocations: for both roles and resources
- Rank / Rank Category
- Must-Have and Cut-Off lines: position in the Gantt chart
Submitting Scenario-Dependent Data
To copy the scenario-dependent data of a project to another scenario or the Plan of Record, you can apply or submit the project.