This article gives an overview of global and scenario dependent data in Meisterplan, applying project data from a compared scenario or the plan of record, as well as deleting and creating data records in a scenario and the Plan of Record.
- Global Project Fields
- Global Milestone Fields
- Global Role and Resource Attributes
- Scenario Dependent Data
- Applying and Submitting Projects
- Deleting and Creating Data Records in a Scenario and in the Plan of Record
Global Project Fields
All project fields except for start and end date are global. If you change any of these fields in the Plan of Record or a scenario, it will be changed everywhere the same project exists:
- Changing global project fields in the plan of record will affect every scenario.
- Changing global project fields in any scenario will affect the plan of record and every other scenario.
List of global project fields:
- Project Manager
- Business Goal
- Cost Type
- Approved Total Effort
- All custom project fields
Actual Time Worked
Actual Time Worked including the booking date is global and, once imported, the same in the Plan of Record and all scenarios that contain the respective project. All key figures that consider Actual Time Worked and scenario-dependent data (e.g., Estimate at Completion) may vary between scenarios. In this article you'll find a list af all Actuals-related key figures.
When a milestone is created in the Plan of Record, its name and project phase is global. Any changes to the name or project phase of such a milestone are therefore affecting all other scenarios (or the Plan of Record, if milestone data is edited in a scenario), if the milestone exists there.
On the other hand, the milestone date of such a milestone is scenario-dependent.
Global Role and Resource Attributes
All role attributes, except for role capacities, are global.
- Changing role capacities in the plan of record won't affect any scenario.
- Changing role capacities in a scenario won't affect the Plan of Record or any other scenario.
All resource attributes, including resource absences, are global.
- Changing resource absences in a resource's detail view will affect every scenario.
Scenario Dependent Data
All other project data as well as the Must-Have and Cut-Off line positions and role capacities are stored separately for the Plan of Record and every scenario:
- Changing these data in the plan of record will not affect any scenario.
- Changing these data in a scenario will not affect the plan of record or any other scenario.
Scenario dependent project data:
- Start and Finish
- Extending, splitting, shortening and stopping
- Financial events
- Milestone dates of milestones added in the Plan of Record
- Names, project phase and date of milestones added in a scenario
- Milestone dependencies
- Role and resource allocations
Other scenario dependent data:
- Must-Have and Cut-Off line positions
- Role capacities (e.g., you may assign +3 FTE to the Developer role in a scenario to simulate hiring three additional developers without affecting the Plan of Record.)
Applying and Submitting Projects
When the scenario comparison is active, you may overwrite a project in the active scenario with the respective project from the compared scenario or plan of record, or vice versa.
This includes all scenario dependent project data listed above.
Please note that this will remove financial events, milestones and dependencies of the overwritten project if they do not or no longer exist in its counterpart.
Deleting and Creating Data Records in a Scenario and in the Plan of Record
Projects, milestones, dependencies, financial events as well as role and resource allocations may be deleted from a scenario or created in a scenario without affecting the Plan of Record.
Likewise, projects, milestones, dependencies, financial events as well as role and resource allocations may be deleted from the Plan of Record or created in the Plan of Record without affecting any scenario.