Availability All Editions
This article gives an overview of the Reports view in Meisterplan as well as working with integrated reports.
- Integrated or External Reporting?
- What Data is Being Reported On?
- Opening the Reports View
- Add a Report
- Configuring Report Name and Viewing Rights
- Open a Report
- Delete a Report
- Select Report as a Favorite
- Integrated Reports
In this video we give you an overview of all the reporting options Meisterplan has to offer:
Integrated or External Reporting?
With Meisterplan you can use integrated reports as well as your preferred external reporting software such as MS Power BI or Tableau. This page gives an overview of the use of integrated reports. If you want to use external software, see the Reporting API section for details.
What Data Is Being Used for Reports?
The data set depends on the report type, which you select when adding the report to Meisterplan:
- For integrated "Pivot & Charts"-type reports, the data set is generally based on the date range, portfolio, and scenario you have selected in the top left of your screen while viewing the report. See the Integrated Pivot Reports - Overview and Templates article for details.
- For “Smartsheet” reports, you select the data set when you first add the report to Meisterplan or edit it in the report list.
- For “Scenario Comparison”-type reports, you select the data set when opening the report.
- For “Weblink”-type reports, the data set is based on how you configure the third-party solution that you use for this report.
Opening the Reports View
To open this view, click Reports in the left sidebar:
Add a Report
To add a report, you must have either the According to Configured Report Rights or the All Reports right. Find more details in the Manage User Groups article.
Click Add Report in the toolbar to add a new integrated report. You will find more details on the report types available in the Integrated Reports section.
Click on Add from Template in the toolbar to add a new pivot report from a template. You can find more details in the article Integrated Pivot Reports - Overview and Templates.
Configuring Report Name and Viewing Rights
To configure report names and viewing rights, you must have either the According to Configured Report Rights or the All Reports right.
Move the cursor over a report in the list then click on the pen icon () in order to change the configuration of a report:
Under Report Rights, you can specify which Meisterplan users can view this report. In order to also configure the report, you must have either the According to Configured Report Rights or the All Reports right.
Financial Data in Reports
For reports that contain financial data, we recommend only granting report rights to users that have the Access to Financial Data right. Users without that right can still view reports that include financial fields and currencies, but these fields will not be displayed. By saving the configuration, they will remove those fields or currencies from this report for all users.
Learn more about configuring user rights the Manage User Groups article.
Open a Report
Move the cursor over a report in the list and click on the open icon () in order to open that report.
Delete a Report
To delete a report, you must have either the According to Configured Report Rights or the All Reports right.
Move the cursor over a report in the list and click on the trashcan icon () in order to delete that report.
Select Report as a Favorite
Click on the before the report name in order to select this report as a favorite. Your favorites are grouped together at the top of the list before the rest of the reports.
The following integrated report types are available in the Reports view:
- Pivot & Charts: Projects, Allocations and Capacities
- Pivot & Charts: Financials
- Scenario Comparison Report
- Smartsheet Pivot Report
- Weblink Report
Click any of the links above to learn more about the respective report type.