This article gives an overview about the basics of reporting with Meisterplan and the supplied standard reports and pivot report templates.
- Report Menu
- Using the Report Manager
- Report Rights
- All Users
- Administrators and Data Managers
- Internal Standard Reports
- Pivot Report Templates
Using the Report Manager
The Report Manager lets you create reports and select reports as favorites that will be available directly from the report menu in the menu bar.
Users with the Administrator or Data Manager access level may also add new reports, edit report properties and access rights, delete reports and configure data preparation for external reporting.
Please note that users must explicitly be assigned report rights to be able to see any reports. This can either be done right here or in the User Management tab of the settings.
- Select an item and click Open Report, or double-click an item to create this report.
- Click the star icon next to a report to select it as a favorite. It will then be available directly from the Report Menu in the menu bar.
Administrators and Data Managers
- Click Add Report to add a new internal standard report.
- Click Templates to add a preconfigured new report from a template.
- Edit Report: Hover over a report and click the pen icon to edit this report's properties and access rights.
- Delete Report: Hover over a report and click the garbage can icon to delete this report.
- Click Reporting Data... to configure data preparation for external reporting.
Internal Standard Reports
You may create the following internal standard report types in the report manager:
- Pivot & Charts: Allocations
- Pivot & Charts: Capacities
- Pivot & Charts: Projects
- Pivot & Charts: Financials
- Excel Pivot Report
- Scenario Comparison Report
- Smartsheet Pivot Report
- Weblink Report
Please note that this requires the Administrator or Data Manager access level.
Pivot Report Templates
The following templates are available in the Templates menu of the report manager.
Please note that creating reports from templates requires the user to have Administrator or Data Manager access level.
Target Group Benefit
|Pivot & Charts: Allocations||Allocation Cost by Project||Displays resource allocation cost by project.||
||"As a project manager, I would like to identify allocation costs of my projects, such that I can meet the agreed specifications."||
|Pivot & Charts: Financials||CapEx Requirements||Displays CapEx requirements by point in time and by project.||
||"As a PMO, I would like to see at which points in time CapEx amounts are required, such that I can provide them in time."||
|Pivot & Charts: Allocations||Demand by Role/Resource||Shows which resource works in which project at what point in time.||
||"As a resource manager, I would like to know the medium-term requirements to the resources I am responsible for, such that I can concretely time the placement of personnel."||
|Pivot & Charts: Capacities||Long-Term Capacity Utilization||Gives an overview of over- and under-allocation of roles and resources.||
||"As a PMO, I would like to receive concrete figures for the long-term utilization of roles and resources in order to adjust the general capacity levels."||
|Project Net Values||Helps to prioritize projects by net value.||
||"As a PMO, I would like to see the concrete net values of my projects in order to prioritize the projects based on financial criteria."||
|Pivot & Charts: Capacities||Short-Term Capacities||Gives an overview of short-term free capacities by role and by resource.||
||"As a resource manager or PMO, I would like to receive concrete figures for short-term free capacities, so that I can use them in other projects."||