This article explains how to connect Meisterplan with Okta to enable SSO via SAML 2.0.
- Adding Meisterplan as an App in Okta
- Entering Identity Provider Data in Meisterplan
- Assigning Users in Okta
- Adding Users in Meisterplan
- Logging in to Meisterplan via Okta
Adding Meisterplan as an App in Okta
In Okta, you add Meisterplan as an app and enter the service provider data provided by Meisterplan.
- Add a new app as described by Okta. Follow the guide up to the step "Configure SAML", where you enter the Single sign on URL and Audience URI (SP Entity ID) of the service provider (in this case, Meisterplan):
- For this step, use the data that you find in Meisterplan under Manage > Users > Configure > SAML. If you don't see Service Provider data initially, click on Enable SAML first.
- Copy the values marked red in the following screenshot...
... and paste them into the relevant fields in Okta:
- Continue add the new app as described by Okta.
Entering Identity Provider Data in Meisterplan
Now you take the data provided by Okta and enter it in Meisterplan.
- In Okta, open the Sign On tab and click the View Setup Instructions button. This will display the SAML login data:
- Copy the displayed values and paste them in the Configure SAML window in Meisterplan. Please note that the SLO URL won't be displayed in Okta. You have to use the following value, replacing "yourdomain" with your Okta domain name: "https://yourdomain.okta.com/login/default".
If you use a certificate file that contains more than one X.509 certificate, ise the one that is labelled <KeyDescriptor use="signing">.
- Click Apply in Meisterplan to finish the configuration.
Assigning Users in Okta
Assign the desired users via the app settings in Okta. These users must also be added to Meisterplan.
Adding Users in Meisterplan
To add users and their settings to Meisterplan, go to Manage > Users. After saving the SAML configuration, you will be returned to this.
Please note: To ensure login ability in Meisterplan, usernames (e-mail addresses) must be identical to those registered in Okta.
You can also add users via auto-provisioning. Learn more in the Okta documentation.
Logging in to Meisterplan via Okta
Once the integration setup is complete, the login page "https://us.meisterplan.com/yoursystem" will automatically be redirected to the Okta login page.
Once logged in, the user will instantly be redirected to Meisterplan.