This article explains how to connect Meisterplan with Okta to enable SSO via SAML 2.0.
- Adding Meisterplan to Okta
- Assigning Users in Okta
- Adding Users in Meisterplan
- Logging in to Meisterplan via Okta
Adding Meisterplan to Okta
Proceed as follows to add Meisterplan as an application to Okta.
- Log in to your Okta account as an administrator and click on the blue admin button.
- Click on Applications > Add Application and click the green Create New App button.
- Select SAML 2.0 and click the green Create button
- Enter the app name (Meisterplan) and upload a logo if desired. Then click the green Next button.
- You will now be required to provide the Service Provider SSO URL and Entity ID. To do this, first open the SAML configuration in Meisterplan and activate SAML (see the Setting up Single Sign-on via SAML 2.0 in Meisterplan section of the Single Sign-On (SSO) via SAML 2.0 article).
- Enter the information in the fields displayed in the red box in the following screenshot into the associated fields in the SAML configuration in Okta.
- The field contents should be entered as displayed
- Click the green Next On the following screen, click the green Finish button to complete the configuration.
- Click the View Setup Instructions button.
- The SAML credentials will be displayed.
- Enter the information in the displayed fields into the Configure SAML window in Meisterplan. Please note that the SLO URL won't be displayed in Okta. Replace "yourdomain" by your Okta domain name: "https://yourdomain.okta.com/login/default".
- Click SAVE CONFIGURATION to finish the configuration.
Assigning Users in Okta
Assign the desired users via the app settings in Okta. These users must also be added to Meisterplan.
Adding Users in Meisterplan
To add users and their settings to Meisterplan go to:
Manage > Users. After saving the SAML configuration, you will be returned to this.
Please note: To ensure login ability in Meisterplan, usernames (e-mail addresses) must be identical to those registered in Okta.
Logging in to Meisterplan via Okta
Once the integration setup is complete, the login page "https://us.meisterplan.com/yoursystem" will automatically be redirected to the Okta login page.
Once logged in, the user will instantly be redirected to Meisterplan.