Availability All Editions
We are excited to introduce Ad-Hoc Project Filters that allow you to create filters in the Project list to view only the data you currently need.
- How Ad-Hoc Project Filters Can Help You
- How Ad-Hoc Project Filters Work
- Where to Find Ad-Hoc Project Filters
- How to Create and Remove Ad-Hoc Project Filters
- Ad-Hoc Project Filters and Portfolios, Scenarios and Date Range
- What Will Be Added in the Future
- Meisterplan Terms of Service Conditions for Beta Features
How Ad-Hoc Project Filters Can Help You
Our new ad-hoc filters can be used to ensure you see just the information you need. With the beta release, you can filter lookup fields, boolean fields, and other fields including Business Goal, Project Manager, Rank Category and OBS in the Project List. As the feature is further developed, you will be able to filter multiple types of information in multiple views. This feature will also go hand in hand with our new Custom Views feature so that you can customize your views to access exactly the information you need.
The filter functionality is available in all Meisterplan systems as a beta version.
How Ad-Hoc Project Filters Work
Where to Find Ad-Hoc Project Filters
Open the Project List and in the toolbar, click Filter (Beta):
How to Create and Remove Ad-Hoc Project Filters
Under the toolbar, click Add Filter and select the field for filtering. You can choose from the following fields:
- All fields of the Lookup type, e.g. Status
- All fields of the Boolean type, e.g. Need for Decision
- Top level OBS, e.g. Department
- Rank Category, e.g. Above Must-Have line
- Project Manager
- Business Goal
Then check the boxes for the values in the dropdown list that you want to filter for. The search field helps you find the right values quickly especially if there is a long list of values. The Project List will be filtered in real time. You can use several filters at the same time.
To remove a filter, click the X after the field name.
Ad-Hoc Project Filters are user-dependent, so only you will see the filtered view.
Ad-Hoc Project Filters and Portfolios, Scenarios and Date Range
The header settings (Date Range, Portfolio and Scenario) define the data that is displayed in the Project List. The Ad-Hoc Project Filters filter within this data set. You can configure the settings in the header and the ad-hoc project filters independently from each other. The selected project filters will remain even if you change to another portfolio or log off and log in again.
What Will Be Added in the Future
We are continuously improving the filter functionality. The following extensions are planned to be implemented in the future:
- Create ad-hoc project filters in the Board view and the Roadmap.
If you have questions about or feedback on the current Beta version, please contact us by opening the Help view in the sidebar and clicking Contact Support:
Meisterplan Terms of Service Conditions for Beta Features
The use of Beta Features is subject to the Meisterplan Software as a Service Terms and Conditions of the itdesign GmbH, Friedrichstr. 12, DE-72072 Tuebingen, Germany for the EU hosting region and Meisterplan USA, Inc., 800 5th Avenue, Suite 101-800, Seattle, WA 98104 for the US hosting region (hereinafter referred to as “Provider”) and the following different terms, which take priority. By using the beta features, you agree to the Meisterplan Beta Conditions on behalf of the company for which you work.
- You understand that beta features within the generally available Meisterplan cloud application are still under development, may not be functional or may be incomplete, and are more likely to contain bugs than the generally available Meisterplan cloud application. Please note that the use of beta features may have an impact on performance when using the Meisterplan cloud application.
- The provider does not guarantee that beta features will ever be made generally available.
- The provider does not assume any obligations or liabilities with respect to the beta features, including any warranty and compensation obligations to the extent permitted by applicable law.