Availability All Editions
This product enhancement is a work in progress. Features, design and planned release date are subject to change. It will first be released in the SaaS version of Meisterplan, the On-Premise release will follow.
We are excited to announce that Improved Project Scheduling for the Portfolio Designer will be released soon. This new feature will make it easier for project managers and other users to get an overview of their projects’ schedules and to quickly make changes to the schedule when different situations arise. The new options are easily accessible in the Portfolio Designer, by hovering over a selected project bar in the Gantt chart and clicking to display the menu.
- How Does This New Feature Help Me?
- What Will Happen at Release?
- What Do I Need to Do before Release?
- What Do I Need to Do after Release?
How Does This New Feature Help Me?
The improved scheduling modifications will support you in visualizing and adapting to the following situations:
- Pause a project and resume the project at a later time when there are interruptions to a project, such as when a project is delayed.
- Shorten a project, if it is completed earlier than planned or if you’ve decided to stop work on it.
- Visualize when there is a portion of the project without an active resource, which is represented by a thinner line in the project bar.
- Remove parts of a project at the beginning or in the middle, for instance, if a milestone was reached earlier than expected or to shorten a project break.
- Create milestones and allocations at any point during the project.
What Will Happen at Release?
- In the Portfolio Designer, the options for rescheduling projects and allocations in the Gantt chart will be reworked.
- This will change not only the options but also how and where to find them.
- Replaced option: The option to split projects into project segments will be replaced by the improved option for inserting a project break.
- On the day of release, all projects that are currently split will be updated to the new functionality and visualization.
- Projects with only zero allocations within a certain time period will be updated to the visualization (i.e., a thinner line in the project bar).
- Existing project and allocation data will remain unchanged.
What Do I Need to Do before Release?
- There is nothing mandatory that you need to do before release.
- (Optional) Inform colleagues who use the rescheduling options that the options and their location will be updated and they will need to get acquainted with the changes after release.
What Do I Need to Do after Release?
- There is nothing you need to do after release.
If you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com.