This product enhancement is a work in progress. Features, design and planned release date are subject to change. It will first be released in the SaaS version of Meisterplan, the On-Premise release will follow.
We are excited to announce that our Jira Connector will be updated soon! With this update, you will be able to display role and resource assignments from Jira in Meisterplan to compare them with the planned allocations in Meisterplan. It will also further enhance the ability to compare work in Jira to the total effort of a project in Meisterplan. If you need more detailed information, you will also be able to configure the Jira Connector to compare effort and allocations at the role and resource level.
How Does This New Feature Help Me?
- Ensure that your company’s agile work is realistically included in your strategic portfolio plans.
- Easily identify which individuals or agile teams are overbooked.
- Quickly determine when effort in Jira does not align with a project’s planned effort in Meisterplan and resolve any overallocations.
- Reduce the amount of maintenance needed by customizing the effort and velocity field settings per Jira link instead of per project.
What Will Happen at Release?
- Your existing Jira links will still work after release. They will be updated to fit the new Jira Connector:
- If you have configured individual settings for projects (e.g., effort, velocity) under Jira Details, an additional Jira link for each combination of Jira system, effort and velocity will be added under Manage > Jira Connector for each configuration
- Each Jira link (including the newly generated ones will get a default name (e.g., "Jira link 1", "Jira link 2"...) that you can change at any time.
- The Predicted Finish Date function will be removed from the Jira Details in the Information Panel
What Do I Need to Do before Release?
- You do not need to do anything, your existing Jira connections will still work after release.
- If you or your teams want to compare work in Jira by roles or by resources, ensure that:
- role names in Jira and in Meisterplan are identical
- and email addresses of Meisterplan resources and assignees in Jira are identical.
What Do I Need to Do after Release?
- Check the settings of your Jira links. You can also change the auto-generated names to more meaningful names.
- If you or your teams want to compare Meisterplan allocations with work in Jira on a role and resource level, configure your Jira links and match Meisterplan roles and/or resources with Jira.
If you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com.