Manage your project portfolio and capacity planning in Meisterplan and find new ways to visualize your data in Google Data Studio. You can also combine your Meisterplan data with data from other solutions and take advantage of the many different analysis options. Find out more at meisterplan.com.
The following prerequisites must be met to access Meisterplan data with Google Data Studio:
- To create reports in Google Data Studio, you need to be signed into a Google account.
- In Meisterplan, you need to have the Access Meisterplan APIs and Connect External Applications right.
Loading Meisterplan Data in Google Data Studio
To load your Meisterplan data in Google Data Studio, you need to use our Google Data Studio Connector.
Before You Start
Due to how Google Data Studio is designed, not every combination of Meisterplan data in Google Data Studio is feasible or meaningful.
For example, when combining milestones and allocations, the custom dates for milestones do not match the aggregated time grid of allocations. This is because Google Data Studio uses "flat" data models, meaning you will need to combine different tables into one big table.
If you want more flexibility, you can check out BI solutions such as PowerBI or Tableau.
Follow the steps below to connect Meisterplan data with Google Data Studio:
- Go to datastudio.google.com/data and select the Meisterplan Connector.
- After you have selected the connector, click Authorise and then enter your Google account credentials:
- Now you need to authorize Data Studio to access your Meisterplan system. First, select the region that your Meisterplan system is located in:
You can find the region at the beginning of your Meisterplan system's URL. It's the first two letters after "https://". Click Continue.
- Next, enter your Meisterplan login credentials:
After you have entered your Meisterplan credentials, click Authorise.
Google Data Studio is now connected to your Meisterplan system, and you can start loading your data.
- First, select the data type you would like to load (the data types correspond to the Reporting API endpoints):
- Next, enter further details:
In the top right, click Connect.
- You will now see the Data Source Editor with a list of all fields that have been imported with the data type selected. In the top right, click Create Report to continue:
The report editor will now open and you can start creating your reports. For information on how to do so, go to the Data Studio Help.
- If you would like to include more Meisterplan data in your report, simply click Add Data in the toolbar above the report and repeat steps 4-6:
Google Data Studio always imports all available data of a data type regardless of the date range defined in Meisterplan. If you would like to limit the date range for your report, you can do so when building the report in Google Data Studio.
To learn more about how to create, share and manage reports in Google Data Studio, see the Data Studio Help.