This article describes how to simplify submitting support tickets using your Meisterplan on-premise instance. You must first configure
mpctl (see the article Installing Meisterplan).
The Support Procedure
If you have trouble with your on-premise installation, contact the Meisterplan Customer Success team and submit a ticket. The mpctl control binary provides a function to gather helpful information in a single file that you can send to the Customer Success team—in order to receive a quick resolution.
Create a Support File
- Open a shell and execute
- The program will ask you if you want to include a database backup in this file (optional). This can help the support team reproduce bugs that may occur in combination with your data. Please make sure that your company's policies will allow this.
- When finished, you will see the path of the new file in the last line of the console output.
- Send the support file to the Meisterplan customer success team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contents of the Support File
The support file is a compressed archive in the .tar.gz-format and contains only plain text files. You can decompress it and check the contents before sending it out. It contains:
- general system information like your Linux distribution, the available memory and disk space
- log files of the mpctl control binary and the installation path
- log files of the Meisterplan application services
- the version information of your installation