Connect Meisterplan with Azure Active Directory (AD) to use Single Sign-On (SSO) via SAML 2.0.
- Adding Meisterplan as an App in Azure AD
- Entering Identity Provider Data in Meisterplan
- Assign Users in Azure AD
- Adding Users in Meisterplan
- Logging in to Meisterplan via Azure AD
Adding Meisterplan as an App in Azure AD
First, add Meisterplan as a new SAML app in Azure AD and enter the service provider data provided by Meisterplan into Azure AD.
- Add a new app as described in the Azure AD documentation. For Single Sign-on Mode, select SAML-based single sign-on. In the Basic SAML Configuration step, enter the service provider data provided by Meisterplan:
- You can find this data in Meisterplan under Manage > Users > Configure SAML. If you don't see the service provider data on this page, click SAML enabled.
- Either download the XML file from Meisterplan and import by clicking Upload metadata file in Azure AD, or copy the field values highlighted in red...
- ... and enter them in Azure AD:
- Complete the remaining steps to add an app as described in the Azure AD documentation.
Entering Identity Provider Data in Meisterplan
You can now enter the identity provider data from Azure AD in Meisterplan.
- In Azure AD, scroll to the SAML Signing Certificate and Set Up [App Name] sections, where you will find the relevant data:
- Download Certificate (Base64) and copy the values for Login URL, Azure AD Identifier and Logout URL.
- Paste the values as well as the downloaded certificate in the appropriate fields in Meisterplan:
If your certificate file contains more than one X.509 certificate, use the one labeled <KeyDescriptor use="signing">.
- In Meisterplan, click Save Configuration.
Assign Users in Azure AD
In Azure AD, assign the desired users to the Meisterplan app.
Adding Users in Meisterplan
All users logging in to Meisterplan via Azure AD will need to create corresponding user accounts in Meisterplan.
Users are added in Meisterplan under Manage > Users, as well as their corresponding settings, such as access level.
Logging in to Meisterplan via Azure AD
To log in to Meisterplan as a user via Azure AD, enter a URL according to the scheme https://us.meisterplan.com/<yoursystem>. This will redirect you to the registration page of Azure AD.
Administrators can still log in to Meisterplan via a URL according to the scheme https://us.meisterplan.com even without Single Sign-On.
For additional details on logging in via SSO, see the article Login.