Reworked User Interface
Let us know how we can improve further in the Quest, our online community where you can get in touch with us and other Meisterplan users:
- Meisterplan's main views are now easily accessible via the new sidebar on the left side of the screen.
- When viewing reports or strategic goals, you can now select which part of your overall data (portfolio, plan of record/scenario) you want to see at any time using the familiar dropdown menus on the left side of the black header, without first leaving the current view.
- Most views now have a toolbar near the top of the view, where you'll find all view-dependent actions and settings in one place.
- The main menu (aka "burger menu"), which was located in the top right corner of the screen, has been removed. You'll now find its contents in either the toolbar or the new help and personal menus, which are accessible via the header.
- The resource pool, for now, is accessible via the header. It will likely be moved to the sidebar in the future.
- The user interface now has a clearer design with improved colors, spacing, and better highlighting of selected items.
Main Elements of the Reworked User Interface
(open image in new tab for full-scale version)
Detailed Listing of Where Each Functionality Has Been Moved
Main Views and Functionality
|Functionality||Before this Update||Since this Update|
||Header > Click current portfolio name (upper left) > Manage Portfolios|
|Scenario Manager||Main Menu > Scenario...||Header > Click current scenario name/Plan of Record (upper left) > Manage Scenarios|
|Strategy View||Main Menu > Strategy||Sidebar > Goals|
|Report Manager||Main Menu > Report...||Sidebar > Reports|
|Resource Pool||Main Menu > Resource Pool...||Header > Resource Pool|
|Functionality||Before this Update||Since this Update|
|Gantt zoom||Header||Portfolio Designer (Quarter | Month | Week buttons at top right)|
|Sort by project score||Header > Main Menu > Sort by Project Score||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > More Actions > Sort by Project Score...|
Project View settings
|Project View > Cog Icon||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > Settings > Projects|
Resource View settings
|Resource View > Cog Icon||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > Settings > Resources and Roles|
Financial View settings
|Financial View > Cog Icon||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > Settings > Financials|
Switch between Single and Stacked Allocation Mode
|Resource View > "Tetris" Icon||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > Settings > Resources and Roles > Show Only Allocations of Selected Projects in Histogram|
|Header||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > Search Project|
Import from Excel (aka "quick start")
|Main Menu > Import from Excel...||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > More Actions > Import from Excel|
Export to Excel (aka "quick start")
|Main Menu > Export to Excel...||Portfolio Designer > Toolbar > More Actions > Export to Excel|
|User-specific settings (e.g. language)||Main Menu > Settings > My Account||Header > User Menu > Profile|
General Settings (e.g. currency)
|Main Menu > Settings > General||Sidebar > Manage > General Settings|
Manage Fields (e.g. custom fields)
|Main Menu > Settings > Field Configuration||Sidebar > Manage > Fields|
Manage Users (including password policy and SSO/SAML)
|Main Menu > Settings > User Management||Sidebar > Manage > Users|
Manage Data Sources
|Main Menu > Settings > Data Sources||Sidebar > Manage > Data Sources|
Link to Help Center
|Main Menu > Online Help||Header > Help Menu > Help Center|
|Main Menu > Logout <username>||Header > User Menu > Logout|
|Main Menu > About Meisterplan...||Header > Help Menu > About Meisterplan|
Improved Search and Zoom Functionality
When searching for projects, Meisterplan now filters the view to only show results instead of just highlighting the results in the normal view.
For the zoom function affecting the Gantt chart as well as the resources and finance views, we have combined and focused on the most commonly used zoom levels. You can now choose between the quarterly, monthly, and weekly view.
Please note that the precision of the allocation histograms in the resource section is now monthly for both the Quarter and Month zoom levels and weekly only for the Week zoom level (previously, histograms were displayed with weekly precision in the monthly view as well).
Combination of Language and Locale
The Language and Locale settings have been combined. Like before, the German, English, Spanish and French languages are supported and may be combined with various date and number formats.
You can now find this setting under Profile in the user menu at the top right.
Improved Usability When Adding Users
When adding a new user to a Meisterplan SaaS system, the added user now receives an email letting him know that he was added and by whom. In the email he'll find a link for setting his password as well as a link for logging in.
- Administrators can still set passwords for new and existing users under Manage > Users.
- The link for setting a password will be valid until the password is set, either by the user via the associated page or by an administratorunder Manage > Users.
- This will be indicated to the administrator when he or she creates a new user account:
- The status of an active import that was started under Manage > Data Sources is now displayed there. The status is no longer displayed for all users in the header. You can continue working during the import.
- The Import from Excel feature available in the More Actions menu of the toolbar for the Portfolio Designer view is no longer executed in the background. You can only continue working after the import is finished.
- The import via the Webservice or Universal Database Connector can now be stopped under Manage > Data Sources.
More Transparent Information on License Use
Under Manage > Subscription in the sidebar, Meisterplan now includes role allocations when displaying the system's consumption of licensed resources.
|18969||When exporting large amounts of data to Excel, it could occur that the export could not be finished and the system was no longer available. This issue is now solved.||04/11/2018|
|103715||While working with Meisterplan, the session timeout notice, which should normally only be displayed after 60 minutes of inactivity, appeared repeatedly. This issue is now solved.||04/19/2018|
|102278||With large amounts of data, editing allocation values in the Gantt chart was significantly delayed, especially with Internet Explorer 11 but also with other browsers. The performance was improved here.||04/24/2018|