Availability All Editions
This product enhancement is a work in progress. Features, design and planned release date are subject to change. It will first be released in the SaaS version of Meisterplan, the On-Premise release will follow.
We are excited to inform you that we will redesign the options for reassigning role and resource allocations, as well as, changing project roles in the Portfolio Designer. In the future, you will be able to staff roles in the same clear and easy-to-use overview as the Team Planner. You will also be able to quickly replace roles and resources without leaving the Portfolio Designer view.
How Does This Change Help You
- Portfolio Coordinators and project managers will be able to staff roles in a similar modern and clear view that resource managers use, ensuring a consistent experience throughout Meisterplan.
- Replacing roles and resources and changing project roles can be done quickly within the Portfolio Designer while keeping the portfolio context and Information Panel details in view.
What Will Change
Staff Role will open a clear and easy-to-use mode.
- Suggested resources will be sorted by available capacity instead of alphabetically.
- Staffing roles will be fully supported for all allocation units (FTE, days, hours).
Replace Role, Replace Resource and Change Project Role will open a small search window for finding the desired role or resource in the Portfolio Designer.
- It will no longer be possible to filter by skill or primary role when replacing allocations. (However, you will still be able to filter when initially assigning roles or resources.)
- It will no longer be possible to replace a part of an allocation.
What Do You Need to Do
- There is nothing you need to do.
- (optional) Inform colleagues who use reassigning allocation options in the Portfolio Designer about the planned changes.