This article describes the options of the project context menu in Meisterplan.
- Opening the Project Context Menu
- Project Context Menu in the Gantt Chart
- Project Context Menu in the List
Opening the Project Context Menu
Right-click a project bar in the Gantt chart or click the More icon that appears when you hover over the project name to open the project context menu.
Please note that you will need the corresponding Editing Rights to use some functions in the context menu.
Project Context Menu in the Gantt Chart
The context menu when right-clicking the project bar provides the following options:
- Move Above Must-Have Line or Below Cut-Off-Line: Changes the rank of the project in relation to the respective line. For details on the two lines, see the Must-Have Line and Cut-Off Line article for details.
- Split at [date]: when you do this, an additional project segment will be created that may be moved, extended and shortened independently from other segments.
- Stop at [date]: when you do this, everything to the right of the point you right-clicked will be dropped, including financial events, milestones and dependencies as well as role and resource allocations.
- Auto-Schedule: will try to find the best project position within the
- Milestones, Project Phases and Dependencies article for details.
- Apply Project from Plan of Record or Apply Project from Compared Scenario: this is only available in scenario mode for projects that exist both in the active scenario and in the plan of record or, in scenario comparison mode, in the compared scenario or plan of record. Select this to overwrite the selected project in the active scenario with its counterpart from the plan of record or compared scenario. See the Scenario Comparison article for details.
- Submit Project to Plan of Record or Submit Project to Compared Scenario: this is only available in scenario mode for projects that exist both in the active scenario and in the plan of record or, in scenario comparison mode, in the compared scenario or plan of record. Select this to overwrite the selected project in the plan of record or compared scenario with its counterpart from the active scenario. See the Scenario Comparison article for details.
- Add Milestone: this inserts a milestone at the selected point of time. You will be prompted to enter a name and/or select a project phase. Milestones, Project Phases and Dependencies article for details.
- Show All Milestone Names: this displays all milestone names for the selected project. Remove the selection or select the Hide All Milestone Names context menu option for the active project to hide milestone names again.
- Delete: the project and all associated data such as financial events, milestones, dependencies, role and resource allocations will be deleted after confirmation. This option will only be available for projects whose data source either equals "Meisterplan" or for whose data source the Allow editing and deleting of imported projects in Meisterplan option has been selected under Sorting and Editability of Projects on the Import Rules tab in the data source properties.
Duplicate: this duplicates a project with all associated data such as financial events, milestones, dependencies, role and resource allocations. The new project will be ranked directly below the original project. Please note that the Finish date field can't be edited when duplicating a project that has milestones, allocations or splits. In this case, move the project in the interactive Gantt chart or change its duration there to change the Finish. See the Edit Project Window article for details.
Project Context Menu in the List
The context menu in the list of projects provides mostly the same options as the context menu for a Gantt chart bar:
- The Split Here, Stop Here and Add Milestone options are not available here because they require a position in the Gantt chart where they take effect.
- Sort by Project Score: this moves the project to its rank according to project score. If the project already has that rank, this option will have no effect. Please note that this feature is also available in the Project Score tab of the Edit Project window, where you also have access to the individual lookup fields contributing to the score. See the Rank and Project Score article for details.
- Open in [Source System]: this is available for projects imported from a Smartsheet data source. It is also generally available for projects imported from a Webservice data source. If you wish to use this feature with a Webservice data source, you must implement it. See the Webservice API documentation for details.