This article provides information about editing project fields, financial events, milestones and project score details in the Edit Project window in Meisterplan.
- Opening the Edit Project Window
- General Fields
- Adding and Editing Financial Events
- Adding and Editing Milestones
- Project Score Details
Opening the Edit Project Window
Adding, editing or viewing a project opens the Edit Project window for entering or viewing project fields, financial events, milestones and project score details.
Edit project fields in the General tab of the Edit Project window:
- Start: changing the Start in this window will move the Finish by the same number of days.
- Finish: please note that once a project has milestones, allocations or splits, you can no longer edit the Finish in the Edit Project window. Changing the Start or Finish of projects by moving them or changing their duration in the interactive Gantt chart is always possible.
- Status: if you have rights for this field. See the Manage Fields article for details.
- Business Goal: see the Goals View article for details.
- Cost Type: OpEx (Operational Expenditure, default value) or CapEx (Capital Expenditure). See the Working with OpEx and CapEx article for details.
- All custom project fields enabled for the Edit Project window for which you have field rights. See the Manage Fields article for details.
Adding and Editing Financial Events
Any project costs that are not allocation costs as well as benefits must be entered as financial events for the corresponding project in the Finances tab of the Edit Project window.
Financial events will be displayed in project hints as well as in hints for financial column slices in finance trace mode.
They will also be included in the reporting database and in integrated reports of the Pivot & Charts: Financials type.
Add Financial Event: click the plus icon above the financials list. A new list item will be inserted for the new financial event.
Edit Financial Event: the following fields are available here.
- Type: OpEx (Operational Expenditure), CapEx (Capital Expenditure) or Benefit (default)
- Category: if any finance categories have been defined under Manage > General Settings, they will be available for selection here.
- Timing defines when the event occurs: Project Start, Project Finish (default), any milestone or a distinct Date.
- Due Date: date of event selected under Timing. Selecting Date there makes the Due Date field editable.
- Amount of costs or benefit
Delete Financial Event: point at the financial event you wish to delete and click the garbage can icon displayed in its list item. The financial event will be deleted without confirmation.
Automatic Shifting of Financial Events: stretching, shrinking or extending a project or a project segment as well as stopping a project may move financial events to later or earlier dates. See the Extending, Shortening, Splitting or Stopping a Project article for details.
Adding and Editing Milestones
In addition to the features for editing milestones directly in the Gantt chart (see the Milestones, Project Phases and Dependencies article), you may also view and edit them in the Milestones tab of the Edit Project window:
Add Milestone: click the plus icon above the milestone list. A new list item will be inserted for the new milestone.
Edit Milestone: the following fields are available here.
- Name: displayed milestone name.
- Project Phase: project phase as defined under Manage > General Settings. Project phase colors may be displayed via the Portfolio Designer view settings.
- Milestone Date: milestone date and end date of the associated project phase. This must be inside the project duration. For segmented projects, it must be inside a project segment.
Delete Milestone: point at the milestone you wish to delete and click the garbage can icon displayed in its list item. The milestone will be deleted without confirmation.
Automatic Shifting of Milestones: When you stretch or shrink a project or project segment, associated milestones after the start will be shifted such that their relative distance to the start and finish stays the same. Therefore, stretching a project or project segment will postpone milestones after the start while shrinking a project will move them to earlier dates. See the Extending, Shortening, Splitting or Stopping a Project article for details.
Project Score Details
In the Project Score tab of the Edit Project window, you can find the following project score details:
- Project Rank
- Current Rank: the project's actual rank
- Rank by Project Score: the project's rank according to the project scores of all projects. This can, but doesn't have to be, the same as the project's actual rank.
- Move to Rank ... : click this button to move the project to its rank by project score. If the project already has that rank, the button will be disabled. This feature is also available via the Sort by Project Score option of the project context menu for project list items.
- Composition of Project Score
- Project Score: the actual score, composed of the individual score values for lookups.
- Individual Lookups: below the score, the individual lookups with values contributing to the score are listed. You may edit these values here just like in the General tab. When you do, the project score and resulting rank will be recalculated, if necessary.
See the Rank and Project Score article for more information.