You’d like to view the availability of your roles and resources quickly and easily, as well as their department and skills. Meisterplan shows this information in a pop-up that appears when you hover over the resource section.
To view general information on a role or resource, move your mouse over the entry in the resource list until a pop-up (called "hint" in Meisterplan) appears. If you need details about a role or resource's capacity, move your mouse over a specific time period in the histogram. Hints can be switched on and off with the key combination [Alt]+[H].
Hints in the Resources List
The hint in the resources list of the Portfolio Designer contains general information on the role or resource:
- Primary Role (only for resources)
- Cost per hour for the role or resource; if no costs are assigned to a resource, the costs of its primary role are used.
- Skills (only for resources)
If you also select a project, you'll see the following project-specific information as well:
- Project role(s) of a role or resource; the primary role of a resource is indicated with (primary).
- Unstaffed Allocation of a role that does not have resources assigned to it.
- Operational Expenditure refers to the allocation costs of the role or resource for the project (Allocation/Unstaffed Allocation multiplied by Cost per hour); for aggregated roles, it is the total sum of costs for role and resource allocations.
- Total Allocation of the role or resource for the project; for aggregated roles, the sum of all allocations.
Hints in the Histogram
Move your mouse over a time period in the histogram. The selected zoom level determines the time period displayed.
In the Roles and Resources hint you’ll see:
- Role/Resource Name
- Time Period
- Allocation: For aggregated roles, the allocation sum of all associated resources, plus the unstaffed allocations of the associated role, is displayed.
- Unstaffed Allocation: Role allocations in the selected time period that have not been assigned resources are displayed as unstaffed.
- Remaining Capacity: Capacity of a role or resource after subtracting allocations.
You can customize the time period in the Portfolio Designer settings and then compare the two zoom levels. The hint then displays allocation and remaining capacity for both time periods:
If you want to compare project-specific allocations and available capacities, move your mouse over that project section in the histogram of the resource or role. Click on the histogram segment to switch to Trace Mode with stacked project sections. This makes it easier to select a project segment.
The hint will then display project-specific allocations and, for roles, unstaffed allocation:
You can also view the details of your project and custom time period in a hint. To do this, simply select both a project and a custom time period: