This article describes the ServiceNow data source settings in Meisterplan.
Please note that the ServiceNow data source connector is still in the BETA phase.
Supported ServiceNow Version
The ServiceNow data source connector can be used with the ServiceNow Jakarta release.
This data source connector currently supports the import of the following data from ServiceNow:
- Projects (Project ID, Project name, Start, End, Project manager, Program link, Portfolio link as OBS item)
- Demands (will be imported as projects below the cut-off line, with the same fields and links as projects.)
- Portfolios (will be imported as OBS items for projects and demands; create a new portfolio and filter by the respective OBS item to use a portfolio in Meisterplan.)
- Programs (Program ID, Program name)
- Milestones (Milestone name, Milestone date, Project link)
- Dependencies between Milestones (only between different projects: dependent milestones & direction)
- Resources (Resource ID, Last Name, Resource capacity)
- Allocations (Resource or Role Link, Project link, Start, End, Allocation value)
If you have questions concerning the import, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Adding a ServiceNow Data Source
Proceed as follows to add a ServiceNow data source in the Data Sources tab of the settings:
- Click the three horizontal bars in the upper right-hand corner of the Meisterplan screen to open the main menu.
- Select Settings to open the settings.
- Switch to the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Add Data Source button to open the selection of available data sources.
- Select ServiceNow - Beta to add a ServiceNow data source.
General / Credentials
Name your ServiceNow data source and enter the URL of the ServiceNow server as well as your login credentials here.
Name: the default name for ServiceNow data sources is "ServiceNow - Beta". Rename the data source if you are using multiple ServiceNow data sources.
URL: enter the URL of the ServiceNow server here. We recommend using a secured connection (https) here.
Username and Password: enter the ServiceNow user account used to log in to ServiceNow here.