This article describes the integrated capacities pivot report in Meisterplan.
- Portfolio Filter
- Scenario or Plan of Record Data
- Chart Hint
- Field Chooser
- Save Configuration
- Interactive Report View Features
- Report Options
The capacities pivot report displays allocations and capacities of roles and resources as well as the associated role and resource data.
The report is fully integrated in Meisterplan.
- Allocations for projects below the cut-off line won't be displayed. This way, the displayed allocation values are equal to the values displayed in the histogram in the resource view.
- Roles will only be displayed if they have allocations or capacity changes in the period defined in your report settings (see the Report Options section below). Also, instead of the full role capacity, which is the sum of all resources having that role as their primary role, only capacity changes will be displayed for roles. To display the total capacity of a role, group by primary role.
- In periods that are summed up over smaller intervals, such as years and quarters in a monthly view, over-allocation and remaining capacity may occur at the same time (e.g., if there is over-allocation in July and remaining capacity in August, both will occur in Q3). However, the net capacity in any period always displays the total difference between the capacity and the allocation in that period.
The report will display allocations and capacities as well as other data of roles and resources in the active portfolio.
The report will also display:
- Allocations of roles and resources in the active portfolio to projects outside the portfolio.
- Allocations of roles and resources outside the portfolio to projects in the portfolio and their capacities.
Scenario or Plan of Record Data
The report will display data from the active scenario.
When not working with a scenario, data from the plan of record will be displayed instead.
Select the desired chart type by clicking the Chart button in the toolbar to display a chart:
- Stacked Column
- Stacked Bar
Select None in the Chart button in the toolbar if you don't wish to display a chart.
Hover over a chart to display associated information:
Click this toolbar button to open the field list. Here, you may select the desired grouping, data and filter fields from capacities, allocations and roles/resources:
- All Fields: select capacity, allocation and role/resource fields for grouping, filtering and displaying data.
- Filter Fields: drag fields to this area to filter by their values. Click the funnel icon to select the desired values.
- Row/Column Fields: drag fields to these areas to group by them.
- Data Fields: drag fields to this area to display them.
Field Types (Icons)
Data Field: numeric value selectable as data field.
Single Filter/Grouping Field: text field available for filtering and grouping.
Composite Filter/Grouping Field: date field or OBS sub-structure available for filtering and grouping. These fields are multi-level: for dates, you can group by year, quarter and/or month. For OBS, you can group by the top level and each sub-level. OBS levels will be numbered.
Capacity & Allocation Fields
Allocation: role/resource allocations for projects in FTE, person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings (see the Report Options section below).
Allocation Cost: allocation multiplied by resource allocation cost.
Capacity: role/resource capacity in person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings (see the Report Options section below).
- For roles, only capacity changes are displayed in this view. To display the total capacity of a role, which is the sum of all resources having that role as their primary role, group by primary role.
- Resource capacity is defined by the resource's calendar and capacity changes as entered in the respective areas of the resource pool.
Capacity Cost: capacity multiplied by resource allocation cost.
Net Capacity: capacity - allocation; negative if the allocation exceeds the capacity in the observed period. Measured in person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings (see the Report Options section below).
Over-Allocation: if the allocation of a role/resource in the observed period exceeds her capacity (allocation > capacity), this figure indicates the amount of over-allocation: allocation - capacity. Otherwise, this is zero. Measured in person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings (see the Report Options section below).
Remaining Capacity: if the capacity of a role/resource in the observed period exceeds her allocation (capacity > allocation), this figure indicates the remaining capacity of that role/resource in that period: capacity - allocation. Otherwise, this is zero. Measured in person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings (see the Report Options section below).
Capacity Date: filter or group data fields by capacity date (flat grouping field displaying the first day of the week for weekly reports, composite grouping field with year/quarter/month for monthly reports).
City/Country/Postal Code: filter or group data fields by city/country/postal code of associated resources.
E-Mail: filter or group data fields by e-mail address of associated resources.
Internal / External: filter or group data fields by the External Resource property of associated resources.
Primary Role: filter or group data fields by the primary role of associated resources.
Resource Cost Type: filter or group data fields by the cost type of associated resources, which is the cost type of their primary roles.
Resource Name: filter or group data fields by names of associated roles and resources.
Resource Type: filter or group data fields by role/resource types: role or resource.
Resource OBS: filter or group data fields by role/resource OBS (composite grouping field with all OBS levels).
Users with the access level Administrator or Data Manager can click this toolbar button to save the current state of the report view, including any active filters, sort orders, arrangement of grouping fields and expanded groups.
Click this toolbar button to export:
- Pivot as Excel: export the current state of the pivot grid to Microsoft Excel. Groups will only be expanded if they are also expanded in the pivot grid at the time of the export.
- Chart as pdf, svg, png, jpeg or gif: export the current state of the chart to a pdf or image file.
Interactive Report View Features
- Sort: click any grouping field to reverse the sort order.
- Filter: click the funnel icon on any filter or grouping field to filter the view.
- Drag Grouping Fields: any row or column grouping fields may be rearranged via drag-and-drop. For instance, you may switch dimensions by moving all row grouping fields to the column area and vice versa. Or, you may change the grouping hierarchy by switching fields within the row or column area.
- Display Details: click the small right arrow button on a row or column group to display its sub-groups (e.g., display quarters of a year or months of a quarter).
- Hide Details: click the small down arrow button of an expanded group to hide its sub-groups.
- Expand All/Collapse All: right-click any row or column group and select Expand All to display all sub-groups of every row or column group in the report. Right-click and select Collapse All to hide all sub-groups.
With the Administrator or Data Manager access level, you may edit existing capacities pivot reports and add new ones.
The following options are available for capacities pivot reports.
- Name to display in the report manager and in the report menu.
- Report Rights: select users that should be able to create this report.
- Allocation Unit: select FTE, Days (person days as configured under Manage > General) or Hours.
The default allocation unit for new capacities pivot reports depends on the allocation unit selected in your Portfolio Designer view settings under Projects:
|Project Allocation Unit||Report Default Allocation Unit|
- Time Slice Period: select Weeks or Months (default Months).
- Time periods before today: number of weeks or months before today to include in the report.
- Time periods after today: number of weeks or months after today to include in the report.
Please note that the total of time periods before today and after today taken together is limited to a maximum of 100.