Note: This report type is outdated and will no longer be available in the future. Instead, use the combined report type for projects, allocations, and capacities.
This article describes the integrated capacities pivot report in Meisterplan.
- Relation to the Active Portfolio
- Available Fields
The capacities pivot report displays allocations and capacities of roles and resources as well as the associated role and resource data.
Information about integrated pivot reports in general is available in the article Integrated Pivot Reports - Overview and Templates.
- Allocations for projects below the cut-off line won't be displayed. This way, the displayed allocation values are equal to the values displayed in the histogram in the resource view.
- Roles will only be displayed if they have allocations or capacity changes in the period defined in your report settings. Also, instead of the full role capacity, which is the sum of all resources having that role as their primary role, only capacity changes will be displayed for roles. To display the total capacity of a role, group by primary role.
- In periods that are summed up over smaller intervals, such as years and quarters in a monthly view, overallocation and remaining capacity may occur at the same time (e.g., if there is overallocation in July and remaining capacity in August, both will occur in Q3). However, the net capacity in any period always displays the total difference between the capacity and the allocation in that period.
Relation to the Active Portfolio
The report will display allocations and capacities as well as other data of roles and resources in the active portfolio.
The report will also display:
- Allocations of roles and resources in the active portfolio to projects outside the portfolio.
- Allocations of roles and resources outside the portfolio to projects in the portfolio and their capacities.
In the report's toolbar, you configure the Allocation Unit and Time Unit.
- FTE (to learn more about FTE, see the Full Time Equivalent (FTE) article.
- Days (person days as configured under Manage > General)
When you create a new report, the default allocation unit is defined by what's configured under Allocation Unit in the Portfolio Designer view settings. If you want to change the default, the Portfolio Designer settings article shows where to find this option.
Field Types (Icons)
Data Field: numeric value selectable as data field.
Single Filter/Grouping Field: text field available for filtering and grouping.
Composite Filter/Grouping Field: date field or OBS sub-structure available for filtering and grouping. These fields are multi-level: for dates, you can group by year, quarter and/or month. For OBS, you can group by the top level and each sub-level. OBS levels will be numbered.
Capacity & Allocation Fields
Allocation: role/resource allocations for projects in FTE, person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings.
Allocation Cost: allocation multiplied by resource allocation cost.
Capacity: role/resource capacity in FTE, person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings.
- For roles, only capacity changes are displayed in this view. To display the total capacity of a role, which is the sum of all resources having that role as their primary role, group by primary role.
- Resource capacity is defined by the resource's calendar and capacity changes as entered in the respective areas of the resource pool.
Capacity Cost: capacity multiplied by resource allocation cost.
Net Capacity: capacity - allocation; negative if the allocation exceeds the capacity in the observed period. For roles, the allocation includes unstaffed allocations. Measured in FTE, person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings.
Overallocation: if the allocation of a role/resource in the observed period exceeds her capacity (allocation > capacity), this figure indicates the amount of overallocation: allocation - capacity. Otherwise, this is zero. Measured in FTE, person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings.
Remaining Capacity: if the capacity of a role/resource in the observed period exceeds her allocation (capacity > allocation), this figure indicates the remaining capacity of that role/resource in that period: capacity - allocation. Otherwise, this is zero. Measured in FTE, person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings.
Please note that for a role's Remaining Capacity, unstaffed allocations are not counted as allocations. Use Net Capacity (see above) as an alternative.
Capacity Date: filter or group data fields by capacity date (flat grouping field displaying the first day of the week for weekly reports, composite grouping field with year/quarter/month for monthly reports).
City/Country/Postal Code: filter or group data fields by city/country/postal code of associated resources.
E-Mail: filter or group data fields by e-mail address of associated resources.
Internal / External: filter or group data fields by the External Resource property of associated resources.
Primary Role: filter or group data fields by the primary role of associated resources.
Resource Cost Type: filter or group data fields by the cost type of associated resources, which is the cost type of their primary roles.
Resource Name: filter or group data fields by names of associated roles and resources.
Resource Type: filter or group data fields by role/resource types: role or resource.
Resource OBS: filter or group data fields by role/resource OBS (composite grouping field with all OBS levels).