This article describes, step by step, how to access Meisterplan reporting data with Microsoft Excel after activating external reporting in Meisterplan and setting up an ODBC connection (see the Preparations for Reporting with Microsoft Power BI or Microsoft Excel article for details).
Opening Microsoft Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel and create a Blank workbook.
Selecting the ODBC Data Source
- Open the Data tab.
- In the Get External Data section, open the From Other Sources menu and select the From Data Connection Wizard option.
- In the data connection wizard, select the ODBC DSN data source type and click Next.
- Select the Meisterplan data source you created and click Next.
Selecting Reporting Tables
- Select the reporting table to connect to and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Select the desired display mode for displaying the data in Microsoft Excel.
- Repeat these steps for each reporting table you wish to import.