This article describes the Clarity PPM data source settings in Meisterplan for importing project, resource and allocation data from Clarity PPM using the XOG interface.
The following data can be imported:
- Project data including cost and benefit data, milestone data, business goal data, lookups and custom project attributes
- Dependencies between milestones of different projects
- Resource data including roles, resources and skills
- Allocation data (soft allocations, hard allocations or assignments on tasks are imported as allocations, depending on the Allocation type setting on the Clarity PPM Specific tab of the Clarity PPM data source settings)
- OBS structure and OBS assignments of projects, roles and resources
- Program data
Adding a Clarity PPM Data Source
Proceed as follows to add a Clarity PPM data source under Manage > Data Sources:
- in the left hand sidebar, under Manage, open the Data Sources view.
- Click the Add Data Source button to open the selection of available data sources.
- Select Clarity PPM to add a Clarity PPM data source.
General / Credentials
Name your Clarity PPM data source and enter the Clarity PPM connection and logon data on the General tab:
Name: the default name for Clarity PPM data sources is "Clarity PPM". Rename the data source if you are using multiple Clarity PPM data sources.
URL: enter the Clarity PPM Server URL here.
Username and Password: enter a Clarity PPM account to log on with here. The account should have sufficient viewing permissions for all data you wish to import.
Connection: click Check Connectionto test your connection to Clarity PPM.
Clarity PPM Specific Settings
Select a project and resource request, source data to import as allocations and a project hierarchy import mode and determine whether to import empty programs in the Clarity PPM Specific tab:
Project Request and Resource Request: select the desired requests defined in Clarity PPM. If the selected Resource Request in Clarity PPM provides the OBS link for a role, Meisterplan will import this information and display the OBS in the role hint.
Allocation Type: select the Clarity PPM source data type that should be imported as Meisterplan project allocations: Soft Allocations, Hard Allocations or Assignments on Tasks.
Master Project Import: by default, the project hierarchy will be ignored. Master projects will be imported along with any sub projects. Allocations will be imported for master projects and sub projects as entered in Clarity PPM. Select Aggregate allocations of sub projects into master project to import master projects without the associated sub projects but with all allocations entered for the master project or any sub project.
Programs: by default, empty programs will not be imported. Select Import empty programs to import empty programs.
Please note that inactive Clarity programs will also not be imported.