This article describes the CA PPM data source settings in Meisterplan for importing project, resource and allocation data from CA PPM using the XOG interface.
The following data can be imported:
- Project data including cost and benefit data, milestone data, business goal data, lookups and custom project attributes
- Dependencies between milestones of different projects
- Resource data including roles, resources and skills
- Allocation data (soft allocations, hard allocations or assignments on tasks are imported as allocations, depending on the Allocation type setting on the CA PPM Specific tab of the CA PPM data source settings)
- OBS structure and OBS assignments of projects, roles and resources
- Program data
Adding a CA PPM Data Source
Proceed as follows to add a CA PPM data source in the Data Sources tab of the settings:
- Click the three horizontal bars in the upper right-hand corner of the Meisterplan screen to open the main menu.
- Select Settings to open the settings.
- Switch to the Data Sources tab.
- Click the Add Data Source button to open the selection of available data sources.
- Select CA PPM to add a CA PPM data source.
General / Credentials
Name your CA PPM data source and enter the CA PPM connection and logon data on the General tab:
Name: the default name for CA PPM data sources is "CA PPM". Rename the data source if you are using multiple CA PPM data sources.
URL: enter the CA PPM Server URL here.
Username and Password: enter a CA PPM account to log on with here. The account should have sufficient viewing permissions for all data you wish to import.
Connection: click Check Connectionto test your connection to CA PPM.
CA PPM Specific Settings
Select a project and resource request, source data to import as allocations and a project hierarchy import mode and determine whether to import empty programs in the CA PPM Specific tab:
Project Request and Resource Request: select the desired requests defined in CA PPM. If the selected Resource Request in CA PPM provides the OBS link for a role, Meisterplan will import this information and display the OBS in the role hint.
Allocation Type: select the CA PPM source data type that should be imported as Meisterplan project allocations: Soft Allocations, Hard Allocations or Assignments on Tasks.
Master Project Import: by default, the project hierarchy will be ignored. Master projects will be imported along with any sub projects. Allocations will be imported for master projects and sub projects as entered in CA PPM. Select Aggregate allocations of sub projects into master project to import master projects without the associated sub projects but with all allocations entered for the master project or any sub project.
Programs: by default, empty programs will not be not imported. Select Import empty programs to import empty programs.