This article describes importing data into Meisterplan from external sources in the Data Sources administration view.
- Required Right
- Opening the Data Sources View
- Data Source List
- Adding Data Sources
- Default List Actions
Users need to have the Manage and Use Data Sources right.
Opening the Data Sources View
In the sidebar, click Manage and then select Data Sources.
Data Source List
Add data sources to import data from exernal sources.
All data sources will be listed here:
- The data source list may be modified.
- Extended import and update rules can be defined for using multiple data sources at the same time. You may also use these settings to delete specific data during the import. See the Settings for All Data Sources article for details.
Adding Data Sources
Click Add Data Source to create a new connection. All data source types can be used multiple times. A new data source will always be added at the end of the list.
Default List Actions
Hovering over a list item will yield three icons for processing the associated data source. You may also click a row, hold the mouse button and drag the row to the desired list position while holding the mouse button to change the order of data sources.
- Drag and drop row to change the order of the data sources.
- Import data (Smartsheet)
- Import data from file (Excel)
- Edit data source settings
- Delete data source
See the Data Import with an Excel Data Source article for details about the import via an Excel data source.
Please note that the Excel import is also available in the Portfolio Designer view via the Import and Export menu in the toolbar, with fewer configuration options. For details about this and about the differences to the import via an Excel data source, see the Excel Import and Export article.
See the Smartsheet Data Source Settings article for details about the settings for Smartsheet as another data source.