This article describes the settings in the Data Sources tab for importing data into Meisterplan from external sources.
- Required Access Level
- Data Source List
- Adding Data Sources
- Default List Actions
- Excel Data Source
- Webservice Data Source
- Universal Database Connector Data Source
- Other Data Sources
- Delete All Data
Required Access Level
The Data Sources tab is only available to users with the Administrator or Data Manager access levels.
Data Source List
Add data sources to import data from exernal sources.
All data sources will be listed here:
- The data source list may be modified.
- Extended import and update rules can be defined for using multiple data sources at the same time.
Adding Data Sources
Click Add Data Source to create a new connection. All data source types can be used multiple times. A new data source will always be added at the end of the list.
Default List Actions
Hovering over a list item will yield three icons for processing the associated data source. You may also click a row, hold the mouse button and drag the row to the desired list position while holding the mouse button to change the order of data sources.
- Drag and drop row to change the order of the data sources.
- Import data
- Edit data source settings
- Delete data source
Excel Data Source
Excel data sources come with a file picker instead of the import icon:
- Click the folder icon to select an Excel file and start the import from the selected file.
See the Data Import with an Excel Data Source article for details about the import via an Excel data source.
Please note that the Excel import is also available in the main menu with less configuration options. For details about this and about the differences to the import via an Excel data source, see the Excel Import and Export article.
Webservice Data Source
To activate the webservice in Meisterplan, add a Webservice data source.
See the Webservice Data Source Settings article for an overview of the settings for webservice data sources.
See the Webservice API documentation for details on implementing the webservice.
- Adding or deleting a webservice data source will only activate or deactivate the service.
- The data import and export is triggered by accessing the service.
Universal Database Connector Data Source
The universal database connector can import data from any JDBC compatible database to Meisterplan. To use it, proceed as follows:
- Under Data Sources, add a Universal Database Connector data source.
- Via the settings for the universal database connector data source, download the required Java executable component.
- Configure and run the connector as is described in the Universal Database Connector Setup article, which is also linked in the data source settings.
- If desired, schedule a task to run the connector automatically at regular intervals.
Other Data Sources
The following articles provide details about the settings for the other available data sources:
Delete All Data
While working with demo data, the Delete All Data button will be available here.
When you are done trying Meisterplan and wish to go live with your actual planning data, you can quickly delete all demo data here.
The following data will be deleted:
- Financial events
- Roles and resources
- Calendars and calendar exceptions (holidays)
The following data will be retained:
- Portfolios (with access rights, filters, budgets and target benefits)
- User accounts and account settings
- General settings (currency, person day duration, planning horizon in years, project phases and finance categories)
- Data sources
- Custom fields
- Business goals
Please note that you can also delete any current planning data when importing data by setting the Delete behavior to All for all entities in the import rules for the data source.
Importing data with these data source settings will delete and retain the same data as when clicking the Delete All Data button.