This article describes the integrated financials pivot report in Meisterplan.
- Portfolio Filter
- Scenario or Plan of Record Data
- Field Chooser
- Save Configuration
- Interactive Report View Features
- Report Options
The financials pivot report is fully integrated in Meisterplan. It opens in the main view and can be closed by clicking the Home button at the top left.
The report will display data from the active portfolio.
Data not matching the filter of the active portfolio will not be displayed.
Scenario or Plan of Record Data
The report will display data from the active scenario.
When not working with a scenario, data from the plan of record will be displayed instead.
Select the desired chart type in the CHART menu to display a chart:
- Stacked Column
- Stacked Bar
Select None in the CHART menu if you don't wish to display a chart.
Click this toolbar button to open the field list. Here, you may select the desired grouping, data and filter fields from financials and projects:
- All Fields: select financial and project fields for grouping, filtering and displaying data.
- Filter Fields: drag fields to this area to filter by their values. Click the funnel icon to select the desired values.
- Row/Column Fields: drag fields to these areas to group by them.
- Data Fields: drag fields to this area to display them.
Field Types (Icons)
Data Field: numeric value selectable as data field.
Single Filter/Grouping Field: text field available for filtering and grouping.
Composite Filter/Grouping Field: date field or OBS sub-structure available for filtering and grouping. These fields are multi-level: for dates, you can group by year, quarter and/or month. For OBS, you can group by the top level and each sub-level. OBS levels will be numbered.
Benefit: project benefit entered via financial events in the Edit Project window.
Cost: project costs entered via financial events in the Edit Project window or via allocation costs.
Net Value: (total benefit - total cost) of a project.
Allocation / Event: filter or group data fields by source of financial figures: Allocation or (financial) Event.
Description: filter or group data fields by descriptions entered for a financial events in the Edit Project window.
Finance Category: filter or group data fields by finance categories assigned to financial events in the Edit Project window.
Finance Type: filter or group data fields by finance type, OpEx, CapEx or Benefit.
Due Date: filter or group group costs/benefit from financial events by due date entered for the respective event (flat grouping field displaying the first day of the week for weekly reports, composite grouping field with year/quarter/month for monthly reports).
Business Goal Name: filter or group data fields by business goals of associated projects.
Program Name: filter or group data fields by names of associated programs.
Project Cost Type: filter or group data fields by project cost type.
Project Manager: filter or group data fields by project manager.
Project Name: filter or group data fields by project name.
Rank Category: filter or group data fields by project positions relative to the must-have and cut-off lines: above the Must-Have line, Below the Cut-Off line or in between (Regular).
Status: filter or group data fields by project status.
Custom Boolean Fields: filter or group data fields by values of custom boolean fields.
Custom Lookup Fields: filter or group data fields by lookup values of custom lookup fields.
Custom String Fields: filter or group data fields by values of custom string fields.
Start/Finish Date: filter or group data fields by project start/finish (composite grouping fields with year/quarter/month).
Project OBS: filter or group data fields by project OBS (composite grouping field with all OBS levels).
Custom Date Fields: filter or group data fields by values of custom date fields (composite grouping fields with year/quarter/month).
Users with the access level Administrator or Data Manager can click this toolbar button to save the current state of the report view, including any active filters, sort orders, arrangement of grouping fields and expanded groups.
Click this toolbar button to export:
- Pivot as Excel: export the current state of the pivot grid to Microsoft Excel. Groups will only be expanded if they are also expanded in the pivot grid at the time of the export.
- Chart as pdf, svg, png, jpeg or gif: export the current state of the chart to a pdf or image file.
Interactive Report View Features
- Sort: click any grouping field to reverse the sort order.
- Filter: click the funnel icon on any filter or grouping field to filter the view. Use the Rank Category field to filter projects by rank: above Must-Have, Below Cut-Off or in between (Regular). Default: Must-Have and Regular.
- Drag Grouping Fields: any row or column grouping fields may be rearranged via drag-and-drop. For instance, you may switch dimensions by moving all row grouping fields to the column area and vice versa. Or, you may change the grouping hierarchy by switching fields within the row or column area.
- Display Details: click the small right arrow button on a row or column group to display its sub-groups (e.g., display quarters of a year or months of a quarter).
- Hide Details: click the small down arrow button of an expanded group to hide its sub-groups.
With the Administrator or Data Manager access level, you may edit existing financial pivot reports and add new ones in the report manager.
The following options are available for financial pivot reports.
- Name to display in the report manager and in the report menu.
- Report Rights: select users that should be able to create this report.
- Time Slice Period: select Weeks or Months (default Months).
- Time Periods Before Today: number of weeks or months before today to include in the report.
- Time Periods After Today: number of weeks or months after today to include in the report.
Please note that the total of time periods before today and after today taken together is limited to a maximum of 100.