This article describes the integrated project pivot report in Meisterplan.
- Portfolio Filter
- Scenario or Plan of Record Data
- Chart Hint
- Field Chooser
- Save Configuration
- Interactive Report View Features
- Report Options
The project pivot report displays project data.
The report is fully integrated in Meisterplan.
The report will display projects from the active portfolio.
Data for projects not matching the filter of the active portfolio will not be displayed.
Scenario or Plan of Record Data
The report will display data from the active scenario.
When not working with a scenario, data from the plan of record will be displayed instead.
Select the desired chart type by clicking the Chart button in the toolbar to display a chart:
- Stacked Column
- Stacked Bar
Select None in the Chart button in the toolbar if you don't wish to display a chart.
Hover over a chart to display associated information:
To customize your report, click this toolbar button. The field list will open. Here, you may select the desired grouping, data and filter fields from the selection of project fields listed in the Project Fields section below:
- All Fields: select project fields for grouping, filtering and displaying data.
- Filter Fields: drag fields to this area to filter by their values. Click the funnel icon to select the desired values.
- Row/Column Fields: drag fields to these areas to group by them.
- Data Fields: drag fields to this area to display them.
Field Types (Icons)
Data Field: numeric value selectable as data field.
Single Filter/Grouping Field: text field available for filtering and grouping.
Composite Filter/Grouping Field: date field or OBS sub-structure available for filtering and grouping. These fields are multi-level: for dates, you can group by year, quarter and/or month. For OBS, you can group by the top level and each sub-level. OBS levels will be numbered.
Allocation Total: role/resource allocations for projects in person days (d) or hours (h), depending on your report settings (see the Report Options section below).
Benefit: project benefit entered via financial events in the Edit Project window.
Capex: project costs of the CapEx type (capital expenditure), entered via financial events in the Edit Project window or via allocation costs.
Custom Decimal Fields: Configurable via Manage > Fields.
Custom Integer Fields: Configurable via Manage > Fields.
Custom Currency Fields: Configurable via Manage > Fields.
Net Value: (total benefit - total cost) of a project.
Opex: project costs of the OpEx type (operational expenditure), entered via financial events in the Edit Project window or via allocation costs.
Project Count: number of projects.
Total Cost: project costs of the OpEx (operational expenditure) and CapEx(capital expenditure) types, entered via financial events in the Edit Project window or via allocation costs.
Business Goal Name: filter or group data fields by business goals of associated projects.
Created by: filter or group data fields by the users who created the associated projects. This is only available for projects created in Meisterplan.
Data Source: filter or group data fields by data source of associated projects.
Program Name: filter or group data fields by names of associated programs.
Project Cost Type: filter or group data fields by project cost type.
Project Manager: filter or group data fields by project manager.
Project Name: filter or group data fields by project name.
Project Score: filter or group data fields by project score.
Rank: filter or group data fields by rank.
Rank Category: filter or group data fields by project positions relative to the must-have and cut-off lines: above the Must-Have line, Below the Cut-Off line or in between (Regular).
Status: filter or group data fields by project status.
Custom Boolean Fields: filter or group data fields by values of custom boolean fields.
Custom Lookup Fields: filter or group data fields by lookup values of custom lookup fields.
Custom String Fields: filter or group data fields by values of custom string fields.
Start/Finish Date: filter or group data fields by project start/finish (composite grouping fields with year/quarter/month).
Project OBS: filter or group data fields by project OBS (composite grouping field with all OBS levels).
Custom Date Fields: filter or group data fields by values of custom date fields (composite grouping fields with year/quarter/month).
Users with the access level Administrator or Data Manager can click this toolbar button to save the current state of the report view, including any active filters, sort orders, arrangement of grouping fields and expanded groups.
Click this toolbar button to export:
- Pivot as Excel: export the current state of the pivot grid to Microsoft Excel. Groups will only be expanded if they are also expanded in the pivot grid at the time of the export.
- Chart as pdf, svg, png, jpeg or gif: export the current state of the chart to a pdf or image file.
Interactive Report View Features
- Sort: click any grouping field to reverse the sort order.
- Filter: click the funnel icon on any filter or grouping field to filter the view. Use the Rank Category field to filter projects by rank: above Must-Have, Below Cut-Off or in between (Regular). Default: Must-Have and Regular.
- Drag Grouping Fields: any row or column grouping fields may be rearranged via drag-and-drop. For instance, you may switch dimensions by moving all row grouping fields to the column area and vice versa. Or, you may change the grouping hierarchy by switching fields within the row or column area.
- Display Details: click the small right arrow button on a row or column group to display its sub-groups (e.g., display quarters of a year or months of a quarter).
- Hide Details: click the small down arrow button of an expanded group to hide its sub-groups.
- Expand All/Collapse All: right-click any row or column group and select Expand All to display all sub-groups of every row or column group in the report. Right-click and select Collapse All to hide all sub-groups.
With the Administrator or Data Manager access level, you may edit existing project pivot reports and add new ones.
The following options are available for project pivot reports.
- Name to display in the report manager and in the report menu.
- Report Rights: select users that should be able to create this report.
- Allocation Unit: select Days (person days as configured under Manage > General) or Hours.
The default allocation unit for new project pivot reports depends on the allocation unit selected in your Portfolio Designer view settings under Projects:
|Project Allocation Unit||Report Default Allocation Unit|
|FTE or Days||Days|