This article explains, step by step, how to activate external reporting in Meisterplan and connect the reporting database with SAP Lumira.
- Step 1: Activating External Reporting in Meisterplan
- Opening the Reports View
- Activating External Reporting
- Selecting Reporting Data
- Confirming the Settings and Retrieving Access Information
- Step 2: Downloading and Installing the JDBC Driver for PostgreSQL
- Step 3: Accessing Reporting Data with SAP Lumira
Please note that the steps in Meisterplan require the Administrator or Data Manager access level.
Step 1: Activating External Reporting in Meisterplan
Opening the Reports View
- In the left hand side sidebar, select the Reports view.
Activating External Reporting
- In the Reports view, click the Reporting Data button to configure external reporting.
- In the Reporting Data window, select Activate reporting database to provide planning data for external access.
Once you select this option, the reporting database, user and password will automatically be generated and entered here. You can display the password by clicking on the eye icon.
Selecting Reporting Data
- Under Allocation and Capacity Data, select monthly or weekly extraction of allocations, capacities and financials as required.
- Enter the desired amount of time periods for monthly and/or weekly extraction.
Please note that the maximum amount of time periods is 60 for each monthly and weekly extraction. Please also note that a higher amount of time periods takes more time to process.
Confirming the Settings and Retrieving Access Information
- Click OK to confirm all settings and prepare the reporting database.
- Back in the Reports view, click Reporting Data again to reopen the view for copying the server name, database name, user name and password. You can display the password by clicking on the eye icon.
Step 2: Downloading and Installing the JDBC Driver for PostgreSQL
Downloading the JDBC Driver
- Download the JDBC 4.1 driver for PostgreSQL from https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html.
- Please note that the JDBC 4.2 driver, suggested for use with Java 8, may not be supported by SAP Lumira because it is too recent.
Installing the JDBC Driver in SAP Lumira
- Run SAP Lumira.
- Open the File menu and select Preferences.
- In the left hand side menu, select SQL Drivers.
- Under Select a Database, scroll down to PostgreSQL and select the JDBC Drivers item listed there.
- Click the Install Drivers button at the top right.
- Select the downloaded driver file (e.g., postgresql-42.0.0.jre7.jar).
- The JDBC Drivers icon under PostgreSQLshould now show a check mark to indicate that this driver will be available after restarting SAP Lumira.
- Click Done to confirm the installation.
- You will be asked to restart SAP Lumira. Click OK to close this message. Then close SAP Lumira and restart it.
Step 3: Accessing Reporting Data with SAP Lumira
Connecting the Reporting Database
- Open the File menu and select New.
- Under Select a Source, select Query with SQL and click Next.
- Under Select a Database, scroll down to PostgreSQL and select the JDBC Drivers item listed there and click Next.
- If the driver is not initially displayed, try typing "PostgreSQL" in the Find field.
- Click the Advanced button.
Copy and paste the following into the JDBC Driver Properties field to enable ssl:
- Click OK to confirm.
- Go back to Meisterplan to copy the User Name, Password, Server and Database.
- Please note that the Password must first be displayed in Meisterplan by clicking the eye icon to copy it correctly.
- Paste the individual fields into the associated target fields in SAP Lumira.
- Click Connect to connect to the reporting database.
Accessing the Reporting Database
- You can now access the reporting database via SQL.