This article describes the installation of Meisterplan under Linux.
- Supported Operating Systems
- Prerequisites Before Starting the Installation
- Running the Installation
- Automatic Startup of Meisterplan
- Apache httpd as a Proxy for Meisterplan
Supported Operating Systems
You can find a list of supported operating systems here.
Prerequisites Before Starting the Installation
- A linux user
meisterplanmust be created.
- Installation files must already be extracted on the server where you plan to install Meisterplan and the user
meisterplanmust have read permissions.
- The user
meisterplanmust have write permissions on the directory where Meisterplan will be installed.
- The server on which Meisterplan will be installed must be able to connect to the third-party systems from which the data will be imported into Meisterplan.
Running the Installation
Start the Meisterplan application setup by calling
This will install the following components:
- An Apache Tomcat webserver
- A PostgreSQL server for the Meisterplan database
- The Meisterplan application, which gets started by the Tomcat webserver
The install script prompts you for the Installation path. Enter the path where you want to install Meisterplan.
After entering the installation path, follow the instructions.
Automatic Startup of Meisterplan
By default the Meisterplan services won't be automatically started on system startup. With root permissions it is possible to link the init scripts in
/etc/init.d and enable the services using chkconfig.
(Optional) Apache httpd as a Proxy for Meisterplan
If you want, you can use a proxy server for accessing Meisterplan. However, Apache is not included in the Meisterplan installation package. We recommend using the latest package manager sources of the target distribution (e.g. Redhat) if you want to install Apache.
For use as a proxy server, Meisterplan supports Apache httpd 2.4.10 and higher. Meisterplan uses websockets for synchronization of changes between users. The following modules are required to be enabled:
proxy, proxy_http, proxy_wstunnel
The vhost configuration should match the following:
ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8081/meisterplan/ nocanon
ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:8081/meisterplan/ /
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /meisterplan/ /
It is recommended to disable direct http access to tomcat after enabling the proxy server. This can be achieved by adding the attribute
address="127.0.0.1" to the
Connector tag in