This article gives an overview about Meisterplan's main screen and menus.
The following elements are always visible in the main view of Meisterplan:
When financial data is included, the main view also shows:
Expand and collapse resource view and financial view by clicking the arrow icons.
The following items are displayed in the menu bar:
- Portfolio Menu (if you have access to more than one portfolio)
- Scenario Menu (while scenario mode is active)
- Scenario Comparison Menu (while scenario comparison is active)
- Padlock (if you have no edit rights for the plan of record or current scenario)
- Average Resource Score (if activated in resource view)
- Report Menu
- Zoom Level (months, quarters, half-years or years; is saved for next login)
- Search Projects
- Main Menu
Options limited to the Administrator or Data Manager access levels are marked accordingly.
Details about the features accessible via the main menu can be found on the linked pages.
Click the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner to open Meisterplan's main menu.
Please note that most options are only available in the main screen. The main menu for the Settings offers only a subset of options.
The following actions and views are available in the main menu:
- Home takes you to the project view from the Settings.
- Strategy lets you define business goals.
- Scenario... opens the scenario manager. Once a scenario is selected, this is also accessible from the scenario menu in the menu bar.
- Portfolio... opens the portfolio manager. Once portfolios are defined, this is also accessible from the portfolio menu in the menu bar.
- Report... opens the report manager. This is also accessible from the report menu in the menu bar.
- Import from Excel... imports data from the Excel template for Meisterplan into the plan of record. The Excel template can be downloaded in the import dialog which is opened when you select this option. This option is only available to users of the Administrator or Data Manager access levels.
- Export to Excel... exports the data of any scenario or the plan of record to Microsoft Excel. You may modify all data in Excel and reimport them to Meisterplan via the Import from Excel... option in the main menu or via an Excel data source in the Data Sources tab of the Settings. This option is only available to users with the Administrator or Data Manager access levels.
- Auto-Schedule automatically organizes the chronological order of selected projects such that they can be finished in the shortest possible time within resource capacity and milestone dependency limits. This feature must be activated per user in the My Account tab of the Settings.
- Sort by Project Score... sorts the project list by project score. If one or more projects are selected, you may also choose to sort only the lower part of the list starting with the first selected project. Please note that this operation cannot be automatically undone. This feature must be activated per user by selecting the Project Score Sorting Rights for Project List option in the Rights tab of the user account properties, which may be accessed by users with the Administrator access level in the User Management tab of the Settings.
- Settings opens the Settings.
- Resource Pool... opens the Resource Pool where you can view, edit, add and delete roles, resources, calendars, skills and OBS units. This option is only available to users of the Administrator or Data Manager access levels.
- Manage Subscription lets you view and edit your Meisterplan subscription. This option is only available in SaaS systems for users with the Administrator access level.
- Online Help opens the start page of this online help.
- About Meisterplan... displays information about the version of Meisterplan you are using. You can also view the help page for the current release notes here.
- Logout ends your Meisterplan session.