This article describes the roles view of the resource pool in Meisterplan.
Opening the Roles View
Select Roles in the list of data types to the left to open the role view.
Overview of the Roles View
In the role view, you can view, edit, add and delete roles.
The view displays a list of all roles in the middle and details of the selected role to the right.
Viewing and Editing a Role
To view or edit a role, select the associated list item.
The right panel will display the properties of the selected role:
- Cost per hour (for allocation cost calculation; if a resource has no cost per hour, the cost per hour of the resource's primary role is used for allocation cost calculation)
- Cost Type (OpEx or CapEx)
OBS (select any number of OBS sub-units)
Please note: OBS sub-units can be connected to roles and resources, while top level units cannot.
Applying or Discarding Changes
Any changes you make here, except for the deletion of roles, are preliminary.
Click Apply to save your changes.
Click Discard to revert your changes.
Search Roles: click the magnifier icon above the role list.
A search field will be displayed above the list. Enter a part of the role name you are looking for to filter the role list.
Close Search Box: click the X icon above the list to close the search field and reset the list, such that it displays all items again.
Adding a Role
Add Role: click the plus icon above the role list. A new list item will be inserted for the new role.
Enter the properties of the new role in the right panel.
Once you have entered all properties for your new role, click Apply to create it.
Click Discard to cancel creating a new role.
Deleting a Role
point at the role you wish to to delete and click the garbage can icon displayed in its list item.
You will be asked to confirm the deletion. If you do, the role will be deleted.
Please note that when you delete a role, direct allocations of that role in the plan of record or in any scenario will no longer be displayed, including allocations in the past. Resources that had the deleted role as their primary role will lose their primary role. Allocations of resources that had the deleted role as primary role and project role will lose their project role. Allocations of resources that had the deleted role as their project role but not their primary role will be moved to the respective primary roles of the resources.
Backing up and Restoring Roles
You can create a backup of your data before actually deleting anything using the Excel export available in the More Actions menu of the toolbar for the Portfolio Designer view.
If you reimport the role with its original RoleId value via Excel, CA PPM or another data source, most data will be available again:
- Direct allocations of the role will be displayed again.
- Resource allocations that had the role as their primary and project role will get their project role back.
- Resource allocations that had the role as their project but not their primary role will get their project role back and will no longer be grouped with any other existing allocation for the resource's primary role.
- Resources that had the deleted role as their primary role will NOT automatically get it back (it has to be selected again in the resource pool).