This article lists the most common use cases for business goals and the Strategy view in Meisterplan.
Business goals allow you to define strategic goals in Meisterplan. Each project can be assigned to one business goal.
Opening the Strategy View
The Strategy view shows all goals and projects. Every user can edit the goals and assign projects to a goal.
You may access the Strategy view by selecting Strategy in the main menu:
Overview of the Strategy View
Editing Business Goals
Pie Charts for Business Goals
Up to four pie charts are visible for each business goal:
- The Projects and Workload charts are always visible.
- The Total Cost and Benefit charts are only displayed if you are using one or both financial values.
In each pie chart, only projects above the cut-off line are taken into account:
- The colored piece represents the portion of the current business goal out of all projects above the cut-off line.
- The light-colored part represents the projects below the must-have line.
- The part with the more saturated color represents the projects above the must-have line.
Assigning Projects to Business Goals
Select a project in the list, hold the mouse button and drag the project to the goals view.
When you move the project over any business goal, the view will immediately show the effects of the change:
- The list item of the project will show the color of the hovered business goal.
- All pie charts (overall charts, individual business goal charts and charts for projects without a business goal) will be updated to show the effect of assigning the project to the hovered goal.
Drop the project on a business goal to assign it to the this goal.
When editing a project, you can change the project's business goal via the associated field:
Quick Filter for Business Goals in the Strategy View
You can filter the project list by business goals in the Strategy view.
Business Goal Filter in the Project View
The business goal filter is also available in the project view:
Displaying Business Goal Colors in the Project View
In the project view, you can display business goal colors in the Gantt chart:
- Click the cog icon above the project list to open the project view settings.
- In the Gantt Color Scheme menu, select Business Goal.
The project bars in the Gantt chart will display the colors of the associated business goals. Projects without a business goal and programs will be colored gray: