A video detailing the Time Grid mode for viewing and editing allocations, which was released on 12/01/2017, is now available:
Viewing and Editing Milestones in the Edit Project Window
You may now view, edit, add, and delete milestones in the new Milestones tab of the Edit Project window.
Keyboard Controls for Editing Allocations
The following keyboard controls now assist you when editing allocations. The keys are wraparound (e.g., hitting the tab key in the last allocation segment of a row will select the first allocation segment of the following row).
- [↹] tab key selects the next allocation segment.
- [⇧]+[↹] shift + tab key selects the previous allocation segment
Time Grid Mode
[↹] tab key selects the next allocation segment.
- [⇧]+[↹] shift + tab key selects the previous allocation segment
[↑] up arrow key selects the previous row.
[↓] down arrow key selects the next row.
Generic Links to Projects in External Systems
Generic links to projects imported from external systems are now available.
This feature has been implemented for Smartsheet connectors and is available for Webservice connectors.
For projects imported via a Smartsheet connector, this feature replaces the previous Open in Smartsheet context menu option:
The links are also available in the Edit Project window:
This feature is also available for projects imported via a Webservice connector.
Please refer to the Webservice API documentation for information about how to implement this feature to create project links to your external system.
|99635||When data were exported to Excel, some decimal numbers like calendar durations or role capacities were not transferred precisely (e.g., 7.199999809 instead of 7.2). This issue is now solved.||coming soon|
|100072||With some timezones, dates would be shifted by one day when editing absences in the resource pool as well as when displaying allocations in the mobile apps. This issue is now solved.||coming soon|
Zoom Dependent Grid for Viewing and Editing Project Allocations
Via the project view settings, you may now activate a zoom dependent time grid for viewing and editing project allocations:
In this mode, allocations will automatically be segmented by the periods selected via your current zoom level.
Switching to a more detailed zoom level will further segment the allocations. Switching to a less detailed zoom level will merge the segments and aggregate the associated allocation values. If you don't change the grid values for an allocation, switching to the Flexible mode will also merge the segments and aggregate the allocation values.
FTE Values in Integrated Pivot Reports
In the integrated pivot reports for allocations and capacities, the FTE allocation unit is now available.
Remove Allocations from Projects Below the Cut-Off Line
It is now possible to remove allocations of roles and resources from projects below the cut-off line.
For resources, the Unstaff to Role and Change Project Role options are also available here.
Report Templates for Power BI
We now offer three report templates for Power BI which you may connect to your Meisterplan reporting database via ODBC:
- allocations_template.pbit: Scenario Comparison of Allocations by Month
- financials_template.pbit: Scenario Comparison of Financial Values by Month
- project_dates_template.pbit: Scenario Comparison of Project Start and Finish
A download link for the report templates as well as instructions for connecting them to your system can be found on this page: Step 3: Accessing Reporting Data with Microsoft Power BI.
Please note that steps 1 and 2 are also required (see page Reporting with Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Power BI).
A category field is now available for financial events.
Defining Finance Categories in the Settings
Users with Administrator or Data Manager access levels may define finance categories in the General tab in the settings.
- Click Add Category to add a new category and enter the desired ID and Name.
- ID: Internal ID that may not be edited once a finance category has been created. This is only required to keep finance category assignments and import/export stable in case items are renamed.
- Name: This will be available for selection when editing financial events and will be displayed in hints and reports.
- Edit: Hover over a category and click the pen icon or double-click a category.
- Delete: Hover over a category and click the garbage can icon. You will be asked to confirm.
- Change Order: The selection of finance categories in the Edit Project window will be sorted as displayed here. Hover over a category, hold the mouse button and move the category to the desired position to change the sorting order.
Selecting Finance Categories When Adding/Editing Financial Events
If any finance categories have been defined in the settings, the Category column will become available in the Finances tab of the Edit Project window.
Finance Categories in Hints
If any finance categories have been defined in the settings, finance categories will be displayed in hints for projects and financials.
Finance Categories in Project Hints
Finance categories assigned to financial events will be displayed in the associated project's hint under Financials.
Finance Categories in Financial Hints
In finance trace mode, the hint for a column slice will display costs or benefits by finance category where assigned.
Finance Categories in Reports
Regardless of whether finance categories have been defined in the settings or not, the associated field will be available in reports.
Finance Categories in the Reporting Database
When working with the reporting database, the financecategory field will be included in the financial slice tables projectfinance_monthly and projectfinance_weekly.
Finance Categories in the Pivot & Charts: Financials Report
In Integrated Pivot Reports of the Pivot & Charts: Financials type, the Finance Category field is now available for selection as a grouping and/or filter field.
Importing and Exporting Finance Categories
The Excel import and export as well as the Webservice connector which can be configured in the Data Sources tab of the settings now support the Finance Category field of financial events.
Importing Financial Events from Smartsheet
When using the Smartsheet-Meisterplan integration, financial events can now be imported from Smartsheet into Meisterplan.
There are three possible uses:
- Financial event only (in rows in which no allocations or milestones are defined. Name the financial event in the Task Name column. Enter the desired date in the Start column. Please note that the Duration in Smartsheet must be greater than 0 or a milestone will also be imported. By default, the duration will be set to 1 day when entering a start date, such that no milestone will be imported.)
- Financial event and allocation (in rows in which an allocation is defined. The financial event will inherit the Task Name and Start date from the task. The imported financial event and allocation won't be connected in Meisterplan.)
- Financial event along with a milestone (in rows in which a milestone is defined. The financial event will inherit the Task Name and Start date from the milestone. The imported financial event and milestone won't be connected in Meisterplan.)
To support the import of financial events from Smartsheet, we have extended the field mapping of the Smartsheet connector so that the type (OPEX, CAPEX or BENEFIT) and amount of the event can be mapped.
Stacked Column Charts and Stacked Bar Charts for Integrated Pivot Reports
For Meisterplan's integrated pivot reports, stacked column charts and stacked bar charts are now available as a chart type:
Moving Projects Retains FTE Value When Planning in FTE
When allocations are displayed and entered in FTE (FTE selected as project allocation unit), moving a project now retains the FTE value:
With this change, allocation values entered for a project will always be retained with respect to the selected project allocation unit when moving that project.
Previously, the total allocation value (days/hours) would always be retained when moving a project regardless of the selected project allocation unit.
Please note that, due to the nature of the FTE calculation, retaining the FTE value when moving a project may change the days and hours when a project is moved into a period with more or less work days during the project duration. On the other hand, like before, when Days or Hours are selected and are therefore retained when a project is moved, this can result in a higher or lower FTE value when a project is moved into a period with more or less work days during the project duration.
The following table shows which values are retained and which may vary depending on the selected project allocation unit.
Project Allocation Unit
|FTE||FTE retained; days and hours may vary.|
|Days||Days and hours retained; FTE may vary.|
|Hours||Days and hours retained; FTE may vary.|
Applying Projects from the Plan of Record or Compared Scenario
When working with a scenario or with the scenario comparison, applying a project from the plan of record or compared scenario now includes the project's rank and (if applicable) its program.
When applying a project that is part of a program, and that program doesn't exist in the active scenario, that program will be created in the active scenario.
Submitting Projects to the Plan of Record or Compared Scenario
When working with a scenario or with the scenario comparison, you can now submit a project from the active scenario to the plan of record or compared scenario.
The following data will be transferred (same as when a project is applied from the plan of record or from the compared scenario):
- Start, Finish, segmentation
- Milestone dependencies (if associated milestones exist in the plan of record or compared scenario)
- Financial events
- Role and resource allocations
- Program (if the program doesn't exist in the plan of record or compared scenario, it will be created there).
JIRA Connector (Beta)
A JIRA connector is now available as a standalone java program. See this page for details about this import tool and a download link.
Please note that this connector is still in the beta phase.
When an integrated pivot report was opened after deleting the browser cache, text labels were displayed instead of icons in the menu bar at the top of the report view. This issue is now solved.
|15331||The release information wasn't displayed in the Meisterplan client. This issue is now solved. Please download and install the latest version of the Meisterplan client linked in the System Requirements page to fix this.||10/10/2017|
Minor Changes to Pivot Reports and Charts
With this update, minor changes were made to the display and usability of integrated pivot reports and charts.
Additonally, you can learn everything about Meisterplan's integrated pivot reports in our new video tutorial:
Templates for Pivot Reports
In the report manager, templates for pivot reports are now available via the Templates menu.
These reports are preconfigured for various uses, and are described on the Templates for Pivot Reports page in the Reporting section of this online help.
Export for Pivot Report Charts
The internal pivot reports now support the export of charts in various formats.
Click Export at the top right in the toolbar to open the export menu.
Exporting the pivot table to Excel is always supported.
When a chart is displayed, you may also export the chart as a pdf, svg, png, jpeg, or gif file.
Charts for Pivot Reports
The internal pivot reports now support column, bar, line and area charts for the displayed figures.
Charts are optional and can be hidden by selecting the None option in the CHART menu.
Priority Category Renamed Rank Category
The Priority Category grouping/filter field available for the Allocations, Financials and Projects reports with values Must-Have, Regular (between must-have and cut-off lines) and Below Cut-Off has been renamed Rank Category.
Over-Allocation in Capacities Pivot Report Is Now Positive
In the Capacities report, the Over-Allocation figure is now positive when an over-allocation occurs. This figure shows by how much the allocation of a role or resource exceeds its capacity. Previously, this figure was negative when over-allocation occurred.
In the Data Sources tab of the settings, a connector for importing data from ServiceNow is now available.
This connector supports importing the following data from ServiceNow:
- Dependencies between Milestones of Different Projects
Absences and Capacity Changes in the Resource Pool
Resource absences and capacity changes can now be viewed and edited in the Resources area of the Resource Pool.
Select the new Absences tab in a resource's detail view to see and edit absences.
Adding an Absence or Capacity Change
Add Absence or Capacity Change: click the plus icon above the list. A new list item will be inserted for the new absence or capacity change.
- Capacity: this defaults to 0% for a new absence. For a capacity change, enter a percentage of the resource's original capacity defined by its calendar.
- Start Date / End Date: enter or select the start and end date.
Dates will be checked for consistency as you enter them, such that absences and/or capacity changes won't overlap.
If you enter absences and/or capacity changes before the resource start date or after the resource termination date (see Details tab on the Resources area page), these absences and/or capacity changes will be changed such that they are between these two dates when you Apply your changes.
Both the start and end date are optional. If you leave either date empty, the absence or capacity change will be limited by the previous or next absence or capacity change, or by the resource start or termination date. If there is no previous or next absence or capacity change and the resource has no start or termination date, the new absence or capacity change will not be limited in the respective direction on the timeline.
Once you have entered any desired absences and/or capacity changes for the current resource, click Apply to save your changes. When you do, pending changes made in other tabs of the resource's detail view will also be saved.
Click Discard to revert any changes you have made in this view. When you do, pending changes made in other tabs of the resource's detail view will also be reverted.
Deleting an Absence or Capacity Change
Hover over the absence or capacity change you wish to delete and click the garbage can icon displayed in its list item.
The absence or capacity change will be removed from the list without asking for confirmation. You may delete multiple absences and/or capacity changes at once by clicking the garbage can icon in their list items.
Click Apply to confirm the deletion of any absences and/or capacity changes removed this way. Click Discard to undo the deletion.
Any other pending changes made in any tab of the resource detail view will also be saved when clicking Apply or undone when clicking Discard.
Absences and Capacity Changes in the Resource View
The Edit Capacity option in the context menu for a resource in the Resource View was renamed Edit Absences to reflect the main usage of this feature.
Like before, selecting this option or clicking the pen icon on a resource's row header will start the inline editing mode for absences and capacity changes (formerly Change Resource Capacity, now Change Resource Absences).
Any absences and capacity changes entered for the resource either in the resource view or in the resource pool will be displayed.
You may enter absences and capacity changes here just as you would in the resource mode.
Please note that, unlike with entering absences in the resource pool, any changes you make in the Change Resource Absences mode of the resource view will be instantly applied.
New Pivot Reports
The following pivot reports are now available in the report manager:
- Pivot & Charts: Allocations (allocations of roles and resources to projects. Same as previously released, with minor changes)
- Pivot & Charts: Capacities (allocation and capacity figures by role and resource)
- Pivot & Charts: Projects (project data and figures, including project allocations, costs, benefit and net value)
- Pivot & Charts: Financials (financial figures generated from allocation costs and financial events entered for projects)'
New Projects and Programs Inserted Directly Above Cut-Off Line by Default
Newly created projects and programs will now be inserted directly above the cut-off line if no project or program is selected.
As before, if a project is selected, newly created projects and programs will be inserted directly below the selected project.
Also as before, if a program is selected, newly created projects will be inserted as the last project within the selected program.
Newly created programs will be inserted after the selected program in this case.
Changes in the Edit Project Window
Edit Start and Finish of Existing Projects
The Start and Finish of existing projects can now be edited in the Edit Project window:
- The Start date can always be edited. Changing the Start date will automatically shift the Finish date by the same number of days.
The Finish date can only be edited for projects without allocations, milestones, or splits.
New Default for Financial Events
Newly created financial events now default to Benefit at Project End (previously, the default finance type was OpEx and the default point of time was the Project Start).
New Net Value Financial Figure
Project hints now display the Net Value field. This is the difference between costs and benefit (Benefit - OpEx - CapEx).
Allocation Pivot Report Displays Days or Hours
The Pivot: Allocations report can now be configured to display allocations in Days (person days as configured in the General tab of the settings) or Hours.
The default allocation unit for new allocation pivot reports depends on the allocation unit selected in your project view settings:
Project Allocation Unit
Report Default Allocation Unit
|FTE or Days||Days|
Edit Resource Start and Termination Date in the Resource Pool
The Hire Date and Termination Date of a resource can now be edited under Resources in the Resource Pool.
The resource's capacity will be set to zero before the start date and after the termination date.
Additionally, after the termination date, the resource will no longer be available for selection when adding allocations to a project.
For each project, a score can now be computed, displayed in Meisterplan, and used to automatically rank projects.
Learn everything about the new project score in our video tutorial.
Composition of the Project Score
The project score is composed of individual project score values associated with lookups of custom fields.
The project score for a project is the sum of all project score values of its lookup values.
Project score values for lookups must be entered in the Field Configuration tab of the settings. This requires the Administrator access level.
Project Score in Hints
The project score is displayed among the default fields in project hints.
Project Score Details in Edit Project Window
In the new Project Score tab of the Edit Project window, you can find the following project score details.
- Project Rank
- Current Rank: the project's actual rank.
- Rank by Project Score: the project's rank according to the project scores of all projects. This can, but doesn't have to be, the same as the project's actual rank.
- Move to Rank ... : click this button to move the project to its rank by project score. If the project already has that rank, the button will be disabled.
- Composition of Project Score
- Project Score: the actual score, composed of the individual score values for lookups.
- Individual Lookups: below the score, the individual lookups with values contributing to the score are listed. You may edit these values here just like on the General tab. When you do, the rank and score will be recalculated, if necessary.
Project Score for a Program
Programs automatically assume the highest project score among its projects.
That project score is displayed in a program's hint. It defines the program's rank among projects and other programs when the project list is sorted by project score.
Sorting a Single Project or Program by Project Score
Via the new Sort by Project Score context menu option, you may assign a single project or program its rank by project score. This rank is displayed in the Project Score tab of the Edit Project window.
This is always available but only takes effect when the selected project or program doesn't already have the rank derived from its project score.
Sorting the Project List by Project Score
Users that have actively been assigned the new Project Score Sorting Rights for Project List in the User Management tab of the settings may automatically have a part or all of the project list sorted by project score.
Please note that new users don't have this right, so it must actively be set by a user with the Administrator access level (which is required to access the User Management tab in the settings.)
Once the right has been assigned to a user, she has access to the Sort by Project Score... option in the main menu.
Similar to using the Auto-Schedule feature, a selection of projects may be applied as a starting point for the operation. As the default option (or the only option when no project is selected), it is still possible to sort the whole list by project score.
The project list will be sorted by scores, starting with the first project in the list or with the first selected project (depending on the selected option). This includes projects below the cut-off line.
Please note that this operation cannot be undone automatically.
Sorting Lookup Values
As with custom fields in the Field Configuration tab of the settings, lookup values defined for individual lookup fields can now be sorted via drag-and-drop.
Please note that access to the Field Configuration tab of the settings requires the Administrator access level.
Integrated Interactive Allocation Pivot Report
In the report manager, the new Pivot: Allocations report is now available.
Allocation Pivot Report Options
In addition to the default Name and Report Rights fields available for all reports, you must also specify a Time Slice Period (Months or Weeks) and the number of time slices before and after today. The options default to 12 months after today.
Allocation Pivot Report Features
The allocation pivot report is fully integrated in Meisterplan. It opens in the main view and can be closed by clicking the Home button at the top left.
The following features are currently available in the view:
- Field Chooser: click this toolbar button to open the field list. Here, you may select the desired grouping, data and filter fields from projects, roles/resources and allocations.
- All Fields: select allocation, project and resource fields for grouping, filtering and displaying data.
- Filter Fields: drag fields to this area to filter by their values.
- Row/Column Fields: drag fields to these areas to group by them.
- Data Fields: drag fields to this area to display them.
- Save Configuration: click this toolbar button to save the current state of the report view, including any active filters, sort orders, arrangement of grouping fields and expanded groups.
- Excel Export: click this toolbar button to export the current state of the report view to Microsoft Excel. Groups will only be expanded if they are also expanded in the report view at the time of the export.
- Interactive Report View Features
- Sort: click any grouping field to reverse the sort order.
- Filter: click the funnel icon on any filter or grouping field to filter the view. Use the Priority Category field to filter projects by rank: above Must-Have, below Cut-Off or in between (Regular). Default: Must-Have and Regular.
- Drag Grouping Fields: any row or column grouping fields may be rearranged via drag-and-drop. For instance, you may switch dimensions by moving all row grouping fields to the column area and vice versa. Or, you may change the grouping hierarchy by switching fields within the row or column area.
- Display Details: click the small right arrow button on a row or column group to display its sub-groups (e.g., display quarters of a year or months of a quarter).
- Hide Details: click the small down arrow button of an expanded group to hide its sub-groups.
Priority Field Removed
The Priority field, which is used for ranking projects during the import, has been removed from the Edit Project window.
Ranking projects by priority during the import is still possible.
Several aspects of the preparation of data were optimized, such that most views will now be loaded more quickly.
Import of Allocations from Smartsheet Now Considers Resource Availability
When allocations are imported from Smartsheet via a Smartsheet connector using a resource sheet, the daily resource availabilty specified on the resource sheet ist now considered.
For example, a 50% allocation of a resource with a daily availability of 4 hours is now imported as an allocation of 2 hours a day. Previously, this allocation would have been imported as 4 hours a day.
Excel Template Version 2.07
Various improvements have been made to the Excel template:
- The Instruction Manual was updated to reflect the latest changes.
- The start date for the QuickStart and AllocationMatrix sheets is now 05/01/2017.
- The RoleCapacities sheet is no longer described and marked as an "output only" sheet, as data entered here can already be imported to Meisterplan.
- ID columns for linked data records listed in other sheets (e.g., the PrimaryRoleId in the Resources sheet) can now be annotated with comments displaying the associated proper name when hovering cells in that column. Press [Ctrl]+[i] for this.
You can download the latest version 2.07 of the Excel template in the Excel import dialog available via the Import from Excel... option in the main menu.
Deleting Custom Project Fields
- Custom project fields (except for the Status system field) can now be deleted in the Field Configuration tab of the settings.
- To delete a field, hover over its list item and click the garbage can icon.
- You will be informed that existing field values will be deleted, the field will no longer be available for importing data and previously exported Excel files or downloaded Excel templates will no longer be importable unless the field is deleted from them.
- Click Delete to confirm the deletion.
Weblink Reports Export User Name, Portfolio and Scenario
- Weblink reports now automatically append parameters for the user name as well as the IDs and names of the active portfolio and scenario (or plan of record when no scenario is active) to the specified address;
- username: your user name in Meisterplan.
- portfolioId: internal ID of the active portfolio.
- portfolioName: displayed name of the active portfolio (e.g. "All+Projects").
- scenarioId: internal ID of the active scenario or of the plan of record when no scenario is active.
- scenarioName: displayed name of the active scenario or "Plan+of+Record" when no scenario is active.
- This way, these parameters may be passed to an external reporting component like Tableau Online.
- Custom parameters can simply be appended to the URL (e.g.,
- The parameters for the user name, portfolio and scenario will always be appended in addition to any custom parameters you have specified.
Tableau Online Integration
- Preconfigured Tableau reports (zip) to use with Tableau Online (see this page for details about integrating Tableau Online reports in Meisterplan).
When working with a portfolio using a role/resource filter and the capacity of a non-portfolio resource was changed by another user, an "Internal error occured while loading role/resource capacity" error message was displayed. This issue is now solved.
|94437||When the custom time period "Year" was selected in the resource view settings, different annual capacity values for the same resource were displayed in histogram hints for different months. This issue is now solved.||05/16/2017|
|12247||Reopening, modifying and closing the settings for an Excel connector caused the data of the previously selected Excel file to be reimported after confirmation, possibly overwriting changes made to these data in Meisterplan in the meantime. Now, the selection of the Excel file is reset when reopening the connector settings and the file must explicitly be selected again to reimport data from it.||05/16/2017|
Custom Text Fields
- Users with the Administrator access level can now add Text fields in the Field Configuration tab of the settings.
- When selected in the Edit Project window, Text fields will be expanded like the default Notes field.
- Text fields are limited to 32,000 characters.
Spanish Language Version and Locale
- In addition to the already supported languages (English, German and French), a Spanish language version is now available.
- A Spanish locale has also been added.
- You may select the desired language and locale in the My Account tab of the settings.
Link for Allocating Roles and Resources to Projects Without Allocations
- Clicking the little arrow icon on the list item of a project expands it, such that allocated roles and resources are displayed.
- When a project without any allocations is expanded, a link for allocating roles and resources is now displayed instead.
- Clicking this link has the same effect as clicking the plus icon on the project's list item: it will open the selection of roles and resources to add to your new project.
Link to the Resource Pool When Adding Allocations
- When adding allocations to a project, a link to the resource pool ("Add new resource or role") is now displayed at the bottom of the list.
- Click this link to close the selection of roles and resources and open the resource pool instead.
- This way, you can easily add missing resources and roles.
- If you add new data here, Meisterplan will reload with the new data after closing the resource pool.
Programs can now be duplicated via the associated context menu, including all associated projects, their allocations, milestones, dependencies, financials and other project data.
Allocation Filter in Role Trace and Resource Trace
In the Role Trace or Resource Trace mode of the resource view, allocations displayed in the project view are now filtered, such that only allocations of the selected role or resource are displayed.
Projects Are Automatically Expanded When Adding Allocations
Projects are now automatically expanded to display the associated allocations when adding a role or resource.
Allocation Units Renamed in German Language Version
With the German language setting, the following unit names are now used for displaying and editing allocations:
- FTE (previously "VZÄ")
- Personentage/PT (previously "Tage")
- Stunden/Std. (unchanged)
Due to an issue of the Microsoft identity service it was not possible to log on via Microsoft Work accounts. This has been fixed.
|93153||Importing resources with special characters in the ID field could lead to errors. This issue is now solved.||03/31/2017|
Redesign of Project Data and Allocation Editing
With this update, the process of editing allocations in Meisterplan was fully redesigned. The previous edit project mode has been changed in such a manner that project data and allocations can now be entered individually and directly in the main view.
Learn more about Meisterplan's increased usability in this video:
Editing Project Data and Project Financials
The pencil icon now opens a flyout dialog directly in the list. In this dialog, project data and project financials can be edited directly.
Viewing all Allocation Segments of a Project
Every project displayed in the project list can be expanded. Below the project, all roles and resources booked for it are displayed.
Below the project bar in the Gantt chart, all allocation segments are compactly displayed.
Allocations are now edited in the project view below the project bar in the Gantt chart.
Clicking into an allocation segment below the project bar directly starts editing of the allocation, regardless of which position of the segment was clicked.
In the resource view, the role or resource whose allocation you are editing will be scrolled to, if necessary, and highlighted. The allocation you are currently editing will also be highlighted in the histogram.
If the row for that role or resource is below an unexpanded aggregation row (role or OBS), that row will be scrolled to, if necessary, and highlighted.
If the role or resource is hidden due to filter settings, nothing will be highlighted in the resource view.
The hint for entering allocations with conversion to FTE, person days and hours only appears when editing the value.
Splitting allocation segments is now done via a context menu opened by right-clicking the desired splitting point.
Depending on the zoom level, the precision for splitting is by week or by month. An allocation segment boundary can then be moved with daily precision, with a hint displaying the exact date.
As long as an allocation segment offers sufficient space with the current zoom level, the complete number and currently used unit are displayed. If there is less space, the unit is dropped. If there is still less space, the number will be rounded. If there is not sufficient space for displaying the rounded number, no number will be displayed.
Adding Roles and Resources
Via the plus icon on the row header for a project, you can add roles and resources to the project. This is always done with no initial workload, as a zero allocation. Resources are always added with their primary role as project role.
In the dialog for adding roles and resources, you can search by role or resource name as well as by skills and primary roles of resources.
Changing the Project Role of a Resource
Via the context menu for a resource, the project role may be changed. If a resource is no longer booked on a project in its primary role, it can be added again.
Vizualization of Programs
Editing the program name was redesigned to more closely match editing projects.
In the project list, programs now have a distinct double arrow icon and are no longer colored gray.
Click the double arrow icon in the project list to expand the program and display the associated projects.
Changes in the Resource View
Editing allocations has completely been removed from the resource view. The previous edit project mode has been replaced by separate project and allocation editing modes directly in the project view.
The context menus for roles and resources in the resource view now only offer options for editing the capacity or resetting it (role capacities only). The options that were previously available here can now be found in the context menu for the row header of an allocation, directly below the associated project in the project view.
The pencil icon in the resource view now directly starts the editing of the capacity of a role or the availability of a resource.
Start and Finish Date when Creating a New Project
When a new project is created, the start and finish dates may now be edited via a date picker.
When a project is opened for editing again and when duplicating a project, these fields are displayed as read-only. Changing the date fields for an exisiting project must be done by dragging the project bar or its right edge in the Gantt chart.
Selecting the Unit for Displaying and Editing Allocations
Via the project view settings, the unit for displaying and editing allocations can now be set explicitly.
The corresponding Display unit for work effort setting, which was previously available in the My Account tab of the settings has been removed.
Selecting a unit in the project view settings has the same effect as typing the first letter of the desired unit (f, d or h) when editing an allocation.
Please note that this setting also affects the units for displaying allocations in hints:
- Project hints
- Hints for extending or shrinking projects in the Gantt chart
- Role, resource and histogram hints in the resource view
In these hints, the main unit for displaying allocations is always FTE.
The second unit is the project allocation unit selected here, or Days if the selected project allocation unit is FTE:
Project Allocation Unit
Main Unit in Hints
Second Unit in Hints
The URL of the Meisterplan system will change with the update.
After the change, the system will be available under
https://eu.meisterplan.com/customer for European customers and under
https://us.meisterplan.com/customer for North American customers. The previous systems will automatically forward browsers to the new URL. Bookmarks and links should be modified directly after the update. The automatic forwarding will be deactivated after 3 months.
Existing "Keep me logged-in" settings will be lost when switching to the new URL. It will therefore be required to log on to the system once more with user name and password.
For existing customers, a preview system for testing the changes will be available before the actual release of the new version.
Changes for Users of the SOAP Interface
The SOAP interface will be available under a new address:
https://eu.meisterplan.com/ws/dataimport for European customers and
https://us.meisterplan.com/ws/dataimport for North American customers.
Databases can be identified exclusively via the
dbName field in
AuthenticationDO after the change.
The identification of a database via the URL will no longer be possible after the change. Please modify your interface implementation as required according to the examples.
Changes for Users of the Universal Database Connector
The address of the Meisterplan system will change with the update. Please modify the address specified in the xml file accordingly.
The database name must as of now always be explicitly specified in the xml configuration. This must be done by adding a
<dbName>CUSTOMERNAME</dbName> tag in the
Changes for Users of the Reporting Database
The reporting database will supply a different SSL certificate after the update.
If a valid certificate is required for connecting to the reporting database (
sslmode=verify-ca option), it is essential to make sure that the following certificate is accepted as valid by the operation system.
If a correct hostname is enforced when connecting to the reporting database, the hostname of the CNAME record of
postgresql-svXX.meisterplan.net must be used.
- The current value of the CNAME entry can be queried here: https://www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?host=postgresql-svXX.meisterplan.net&type=A
- Please note: this hostname can change any time and must then be adapted in configurations The
postgresql-svXX.meisterplan.nethostname, however, will stay unchanged.
Migration of SAP Lumira Data Sources
The existing Post PostgreSQL data source must be edited. Supply the following JDBC driver properties in the extended properties of the JDBC Postgres driver:
Migration of Microsoft Power BI Data Sources
The Npgsql data access driver used by PowerBI compulsively validates the certificate chain.
There are two possible migration paths here:
- Switching to an ODBC data source. To do this, download the latest Postgres ODBC driver (https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/) and configure the server connection.
- Adding the Amazon RDS certificate to the Windows Key Store as trusted root certificate (download under http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/CHAP_PostgreSQL.html#PostgreSQL.Concepts.General.SSL). In this case, an existing Postgres connector can still be used (however, it may be necessary to modify the URL).
Changes for Users of the Android/iOS App
The Android/iOS App must be updated and the address of the system in the app must be changed. An updated app for Android and iOS will be available in the respective store at the time the update is released.
Meisterplan Client Updated
The Meisterplan client installation package has been updated for use with the new version of Meisterplan.